Monday, August 19th 9:35 am Octavian Country Day School

The halls were filled with whispers as Alicia and Massie split from the other girls and headed to Spanish together. They had spent the morning decorating their lockers along with the rest of the pretty committee while graciously greeting their adoring classmates. Now in first period, Alicia busily did her own (and Massie's) assigned Spanish worksheets in the beginning of class so they could gossip while their teacher helped the other students for the rest of the hour.

"I gotta say, I heart our new locker themes this year!" Alicia said, passing Massie's finished worksheet back to her.

"Thanks, you're my hero this year!" Massie made sure to gush over how good Alicia was in Spanish so she would continue to do Massie's work, giving her time for more alpha duties. "And yeah, animal print will toe-dally give off fun party vibes."

"We should add more to our wardrobes! I need something to shop for once the labor day sales come around!" Alicia smiled.

"Good point, I'll text the girls." Massie said, whipping out her new iPhone. As she clicked on the device, a notification for a new message popped up. She read the name Derrington and smiled.

"Boyfriend alert!" Alicia joked at her.

Massie read the message to her.

"Derrington: c u at soccer tryouts after school? Cant do it with out my lucky charm ;)"

"Awwww," Alicica melted. "I wish Josh would call me his lucky charm!"

"Dont be an apple-c-er. Besides, I'm sure he'll be glad to know you're there once he sees you."

"But he didn't even ask me! I may be head over heels but I'm NAWT going to look desperate." She said seriously.

"Chill, we'll go with Dyl and Kuh-laire to support Kristen and just happen to see the boys there since the soccer fields are right next to Briarwoods'." Massie said calmly, as if she hadn't confirmed with Briarwoods dean the night before that their tryouts would be held when and where it was listed on their school website. "Im sure cam will ask Kuh-laire to go anyways, and Dyl will want to see Plovert." She added.

"Point." Alicia stuck a finger in the air and then dropped it. "What about Kris though? I mean we're all getting paired up and Derrington's boys dont really hang out with anyone else."

Hearing the words Derrington's boys made Massie smile. Just as she was the alpha female of the pretty committee, her boyfriend was alpha Male of his friend group, and although briarwood didnt hold cliques to as high a status as OCD, everyone knew that they were the most popular boys in school.

"I'll figure it out. Until then we just have to make sure she doesn't feel left out in any other ways." She decided. "After all, we take care of each other."

The girls smiled at each other as the bell rang and then headed back down the hall to gym with the other girls.