Monday, August 26th 12:25 pm The OCD Cafeteria

As Massie took her place at the head of the PCs usual lunch table she was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief. All morning random girls- who Massie was sure she would never otherwise talk to- had been coming up to her to check in. They gushed over how strong she was for speaking up and how they looked up to her for it. She was even able to get quiz answers from an LBR after complaining that the event had kept her from studying all weekend. It was useful, but she realized she preferred it when people were too scared to meet her eye.

Now, as she sat next to her clique, she felt her power returning. She reached into her bag, pulling out her favorite purple nail polish and carefully retouched the "M" she had painted on the table in her spot at the beginning of freshman year.

"I heard Claire went home after first period," Alicia mentioned, hoping for gossip points. "And Kori from science said she saw her run past her classroom towards the bathroom during the announcements."

"She's definitely done." Dylan added.

"Oh she's not only done," Massie agreed, "she's well done."

The girls snickered and then directed their attention to the next phase of their plan: the boys.

"Ever since the game Derrington has been begging to hang out sooner than Saturday. What did you guys say to Josh and Chris?" Massie questioned.

"Oh we hinted about some rumors and they freaked," Alicia said casually.

"Yeah," Dylan confirmed, "and they seemed more worried about that than about Cam's feelings."

"Boys are so weird." Kristen added getting an 'ah-greed' from the other girls. "Do you think Cam will come if we hang out sooner?"

Massie nodded, "It sounds like they'll make him. Should I tell Derrick to have them pick us up after school tomorrow? We can get smoothies and talk about plans for the party." She grinned.

"Yes!" They all chimed. Massie unlocked her phone to text her boyfriend, but her good mood ended when she realized she left open the notes she made for the party. At the top of the list was one thing, bolded and underlined: DSL Daters?

"Wait." She said flatly, ending the girls premature excitement. "We need to brainstorm. How can we top the DSL daters? Alicia- weaknesses?"

"Boys, dance, school." She reported. "But mostly boys!"

"How is that a weakness? Boys love them. It just makes them more popular." Dylan grumbled.

"Anything could be a weakness, it depends on how you look at it." Kristen pondered.

"Okay but how would you have to look at boys to see it as a weakness?" Massie asked her counsel.

"Boys are... gross?" Dylan said sheepishly.

"They only want one thing?" Kristen added.

"Everyone says my cousin Nina is 'boy-crazy.' That could be a negative?" Alicia suggested.

A lightbulb went off in Massies head, "How about all three? I mean think about it. The DSL daters are completely boy crazy- check. They get with any guy they can get their hands on. There's no taste! It's like a bargain sale. Gross- check. And really, what's the only thing guys want from them? They're just using them and passing them around- check, check, check." She crossed her arms and leaned back in her seat.

"And isn't Skye totally in love with Chris Abley even though he has a girlfriend?" Alicia continued, "so shes like a total cheater like Kuh-laire!"

The girls continued brainstorming and nibbled on their lettuce wraps. At one point Kristen's co-captain Sydney brought them lattes from off-campus and thanked Massie for speaking out. She left when Massie's phone buzzed with messages from Derrick their groups hanging out tomorrow.

As the bell rang signaling the end of lunch Massie stood, barely touched latte in hand and smiled. Everything was going according to plan.