Saturday, August 24th 11:00 am The Block Estate

The charms on Massies bracelet jingled as she teetered across the driveway in her heels towards Derick's car. The shiney black Tesla was a 16th birthday gift from his parents and added majorly to his HART-ness. As she approached the car, Derrick stepped out of the drivers side wearing a pair of dark wash jeans and the white collar of a button down shirt peeking out from under his maroon sweater. The outfit gave Massie classy-yet-caring boyfriend vibes and she silently thanked god that she went with her matching maroon wrap dress rather than the green one. Derrick made his way around the car and opened the door for Massie to get in. "Block." He said flirtatiously flashing his 100-watt smile. Massie smiled climbed inside, smelling his cologne in the vehicle like an air freshener.

As he entered again from the drivers side Massie could see his smile slowly fading into a more serious look. "Thanks for picking me up," she added, attempting to keep his good mood.

"Of course," he trailed off, buckling his seat belt and putting in the car into drive. As he maneuvered their way out of the Block's extended driveway he reached out and laced his fingers through Massie's. "Now, are you going to tell me what's up?"

Massie bit her lip. Even though she had prepared for this and read over all of her notes beforehand, it was hard to predict how he might respond.

"Well," she started, taking a breath to calm herself, "something happened with Claire last night... I was getting ready for my sleepover with the pretty committee with her and she started acting really weird. I was so uncomfortable but like, I wasnt going to be rude and confront her..." Massie paused. She had practiced in the mirror this morning looking innocent and worried but now that she was actually recounting the events to her boyfriend, she felt that way naturally. "I kept acting like everything was normal and then... then she totally grabbed me and kissed me out of nowhere!"

They had been approaching a red light and Derrick jerked the car to a halt.

"She practically assaulted me and I pushed her back right away." She kept searching Dericks face for a reaction but he stared ahead at the light, confused. "Luckily the other girls arrived and saw the whole thing and... anyway when they got there Claire ran away and I haven't talked to her since."

There was a pause and Derrick squeezed Massie's hand and finally looked over with sympathy in his eyes. "I'm sorry Massie."

Hearing him call her Massie instead of Block sent a tear to her eye and she blinked it away. "For what?" She asked shakily.

"That should have never happened to you. I'm sorry I couldn't have been there to prevent it and I'm sorry how weird this all must be."

Massie sighed and smiled back at him. "You believe me?"

"Of course! I mean. I'm all for equality, but what Claire did is full on assault and she cheated on Cam!... oh man Cam... does he know?" His eyebrows pushed together in concern and he directed his gaze back toward the road as the light turned green in front of them.

"I'm not sure." Massie admitted.

"I'll find out," he assured her. "Anyway... I'm guessing you have some scheme in mind..?" Derrick smiled mischievously at her and Massie laughed.

"How did you know!" She joked. "Actually the girls were worried about rumors... you know. That we might be into girls too." She began to choose her words more carefully. "I was thinking... no one will think that of me because I'm dating you, of course. Maybe if they started seeing some guys it would stop any unwanted gossip."

Derrick laughed, "What a coincidence. Chris and Josh were just asking me about Alicia and Dylan."

Massie smiled but played it off coolly. "Oh really? So now you and I have to play matchmaker?" She pulled his hand closer to her.

"I guess so," he smiled softly, "but that still leaves Kristen."

He slowed the car down as they approached Massie's favorite brunch restaurant- le Coucou. The expensive European theme made Massie feel important and luxurious- exactly how she needed to feel right now.

"Well... I have a plan for Kris." She mentioned slyly.

Derrington pulled her hand up to his face and kissed it gently. "How can I help?"