Monday, August 26th 7:30 am The Range Rover

Massie sighed nervously as the car approached Alicia's house Monday morning. Her hands fidgeted with her newest glossip girl- sweet cinnabon- and she quickly pulled out the applicator and swiped an extra coat across her lips before tucking it back in her Gucci bag. Fidgeting was not alpha behavior and she needed to keep her cool for today's morning announcements.

Alicia strolled up to the car and climbed in next to Massie. "Ugh, it's so early! Dylan and Kristen are lucky they get to sleep in." She complained.

"But it means more bonding time for us!" Massie said encouragingly. It was true that the alpha and beta duo hadn't been as close as in the past. Ever since Massie had started dating Derrick it seemed more like he was her second in command. But now as the girls passed Dylan and Kristens' houses on the way to OCD they felt the familiar buzz of scheming together again.

"Okay so when we get there we can practice on set and then at 8 you're going to be the first ever guest on OCDs morning announcements! Eek!" Alicia was practically glowing at the chance to interview Massie like a real reporter. Massie, on the other hand, had the hard job of making the student body love her - which was far harder than making them fear her like she usually did.

* * *

As Claire settled into her seat for first period she felt the overwhelming sense of dread set in. At first she thought the sinking feeling in her stomach was from her mom's homemade breakfast- something the PC had always made her skip before. But now as she caught a few of the words her classmates were whispering she realized what she had feared all weekend- they knew.

"...lezbo..."
"...claire and massie..."
"...gross!..."

Her face grew hotter as more girls filed into the the room and found their seats. Finally, to her relief, the bell rang and she was able to relax and focus on class.

The TV screen in the corner of her classroom flashed on.

Oh right. She thought. The announcements.

The news jingle played for a few seconds and Alicia's face appeared on the screen. Claire winced internally, remembering that the last time she saw Alicia was when it happened.

"Good morning OCD!" Her voice was broadcast clearly to the class. "Today is Monday, August 25th, the time is 8:00 am, and the weather is partly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms this evening." She shuffled her papers nervously. "For today's announcements, for the first time in OCD history, we have a special guest!"

The camera panned out and Claire's heart began to race. Sitting next to Alicia was Massie. Her hair was down and relaxed and she wore a sweet but stylish button down and cardigan. Claire thought it looked completely out of place compared to Massie's usual strong-high-fashion vibes.

"Thank you for having me," she said sweetly.

"Now Massie," Alicia began, "I understand you're here with us today to discuss a very serious topic that can apply to every girl in OCD, is that right?"

"Yes Alicia..." Massie hesitated.

Massie never hesitates... Claire thought.

"I'm here today to talk about sexual harassment and assault."

A few of the students in front of Claire whipped their heads around to look at her. Claire could feel the familiar sting of tears burning behind her eyes as Massie went on.

"Recently there has been such an issue with one of the girls at this very school. And well. I am unfortunately a victim of this situation." The camera zoomed in to show the artificial tears forming in Massies eyes.

"...cheater..."
"...LBR..."
"...evil..."

The real tears in Claire's eyes broke through. She pushed her chair back and ran out the door, wiping her face with her sleeve. As she sped down the hallway to the nearest bathroom she could make out fragments of the report from the classrooms she passed.

"...this student will not be named..."

You don't have to name me. They already know.

"...support our members of the LGBT community..."

That's the least of my worries.

"...remember to reach out to your friends today..."

Friends. I have none now.

She made it to the bathroom and locked the door behind her, finally letting herself sob. Massie had put a bounty on Claire's head, and anyone in the school was free to claim it.