The Lovers Are Losing (Larry Stylinson hybrid!louis fanfic)

So, I am outrageously addicted to hybrid! louis Larry Stylinson, and it has come to my attention that there are not enough out there. It's the 27 and 1:28 am and my brain is not working but I need to write this becau-amrjwjqkfehjfrll.

Just-don't- judge me.

P.S. In this story hybrids live openly with humans, but aren't treated as fairly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

The streets of Doncaster were covered in a disappearing fog and snow was starting to fall from the sky. Harry Styles wandered the streets of the town, not knowing where to go or what to do. The sun was faintly rising in the distance. Harry had recently moved to this town not too long ago. He was able to get a job at a bakery that he enjoyed, Except he had to wake up early in the morning to prepare. Walking the streets when it was dark out was creepy, Harry had no idea who would jump out at him.

As he slipped the keys into the door of the bakery, he saw three figures in the distance. The two on the end looked big, and the one in the middle-not so much. Harry stepped inside the bakery and closed the door, locking it. He made sure the sign read closed before he went back to grab the dough. He plopped the dough onto the counter and made his over to the sink and started to wash his hands. He slipped his apron over his head just as the three figures walked by. One of the guys turns towards him and Harry gets nervous. Harry can see between them, a figure which is obviously a hybrid. He can see the brown ears softly pointing out from feathered brown hair. The two men have their arms on the hybrid, but not in a loving way at all. They seem to be grabbing so roughly to the point of bruising flesh. It has to be at least 30 degrees outside, yet the hybrid was wearing a short sleeve shirt and worn out sweats. The hybrid is visibly shivering, and his clothes are hanging off him, showing his protruding bones.

Hybrids aren't treated very kindly by many people. But there are a good amount of humans out there who treat hybrids right, not like a rat who just stole their meal. Harry's mum had always raised Harry to respect all living things,hybrid or not. So it disgusted him when he saw hybrids being abused and mistreated right before his eyes. It wasn't a crime to mistreat hybrids, in fact, Harry had gotten used to seeing bloodied hybrids walking the streets everyday. It was only illegal to kill a hybrid, unless it attacked you. That didn't make it less revolting, but it almost seemed strange to meet an owner of a hybrid who doesn't use them like a slave.

Snapping out of his reverie, Harry continued to try to tie the apron around his slender body. If he hadn't tore his eyes from the window, he could've seen the blue eyes of the hybrid staring back at him, a plea for help. But he didn't. Instead, he started to knead the dough, trying to shake the men and hybrid he saw out of his mind. There was a sinking feeling in his gut, and he couldn't stop himself from glancing back towards the door, on to be met by lightly falling snow.

Harry breathed loudly through his nose and continued to press and roll the dough. He jumped slightly when he heard a rap at the door. He lightly smirked when he saw it was Niall, his Irish friend that had a huge fetish for food. The blue eyed boy rolled his eyes and ran his fingers through his blonde hair. Harry unlocked to door and Niall came in as well as a bunch of cold air. "My goodness mate! Why'd you lock the door?" Niall took off his jacket and hung it up. He then reached up to grab his apron and turned his full attention to Harry.

"Dudes walking down the street with a hybrid. They were pretty big, and ya know how people get when they're desperate to sell a hybrid." Harry shrugged his shoulders as he looked down.

Niall sighed. "How'd the hybrid look?" Niall asked as he looked over his shoulder to ask Harry. Harry bit his lip.

"Well- he was- y'know." Harry started. Niall had now made his way to his side of the counter top. Niall gave him that look that said don't-lie-to-me-man. "Horrid." Niall nodded, not surprised. They started to prepare in silence, an odd weight settling on their shoulders. The lump in Harry's stomach had not left him. In fact, it had only seemed to grow larger. Harry gulped before turning slightly to Niall. "Heard anything from Zayn?" Niall looked over at Harry appreciatively.