Chapter 7-Talking To Myself

A bright burst of light made Harry's closed eyelids turn a bright red and he groaned and shifted pitifully in his bed. His nose ached terribly, along with his right eye. Dammit Niall. Harry thought. Reality was brought back to him as the name Niall popped into his head, and pieces of the fight he and Niall had put themselves together. Harry shoved a pillow over his head and took deep breaths, willing himself not to cry.

After a few minutes of trying to stifle back his tears he felt some draw circles on his skin.  He quickly flipped the pillow off of his head and glanced at whatever was painting his midsection with doodles. To say the least, the sight surprised him.

Louis sat next to Harry, eyebrows furrowed down as he focused on Harry's skin. "Wha- what? Louis?" Harry blubbered uselessly. Louis quickly looked up and mistaked Harry's tone of voice for anger and quickly drew his hands away. His ears pressed themselves to his skull and he looked like a normal boy. "No, no, no! It's okay, Lou, it's okay!" Harry had to stop himself from begging Louis to continue making patterns on his skin. It felt startling natural and comforting, which scared Harry.

Louis sucked his pink lip into his mouth and tilted his head to the side, and his ears came up. Harry thought Louis looked beautiful with his cat ears and tail, adorable too. Louis' hand reached out and touched Harry's nose. His index finger stroked the cut on the middle of Harry's nose, and blue and green met. This was something special, both of them could sense that.

Harry's eyes fluttered closed as Louis ran his fingers over Harry's lips. Normally, this would be awkward, but every touch-every finger- sent a tingle through Harry. He was falling for this innocent hybrid, and fast.

Louis slowly and reluctantly withdrew his hands and went back to drawing soft shapes in Harry's skin. Harry huffed out a breath and leaned back against the bed. His eyes drifted close again as he fell back into a peaceful sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

When Harry woke up again it was 11 and Louis wasn't touching Harry and for some Harry had a problem with that.

He lazily swung his lanky legs over the side of the bed and walked over to his bathroom. As he leaned over the sink he moved his head side to side checking out the bruises and cuts on his face. Each cut and bruise was inflicted by Niall, who was blind with rage. "Don't cry," he murmured to himself. Why was he so emotional these days? "C'mon, man up Styles."  He ran a hand through his unruly curls and sniffled and winced. "Great. Now your talking to yourself." 

He quickly exited the bathroom and opened the door and walked into the kitchen. He fumbled with the cabinets, not really knowing what he wanted to do. A box of frosted flakes came down from the cabinet and hit him in the head and got all over the floor. "Dammit," Harry quickly feel to his knees and began to pick up all the flakes. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Louis kneel and pick up a piece, twirling it and looking at it curiously. "You can- you know- eat it." Louis skeptically looked at him. But took a little bite, and it fell apart to which he dropped the crumbs horrified. Harry started to chuckle, but Louis' expression was still horrified.

"Hawy?" Louis  stood up and backed up into the counters. "Awen't you mad?" That was the most Louis had ever said to Harry, besides after Harry praised him every time he said Hawy , to which he never stopped saying Hawy for nights straight.

Harry was shocked. "No! No, no, no- not at all- no!" Harry pleadingly put his hands up, gestering for Louis to sit back down. Louis hesitantly sits back down. "This is how you're supposed to eat it," Harry grabs one off the floor and puts it in his mouth. Louis quizzically looks at him, but tries it anyway. He puts the whole thing in his mouth and giggles. 

And it's the most beautiful thing Harry has ever heard.

Harry finds himself smiling as he watches Louis reach for more and shove them in his mouth. Each time they crunch in his mouth, he giggles furiously. Soon, here is no more on the floor, and Harry realizes Louis ate them all. When he looks back toward Louis he seems satisfied and is licking his lips. Well there goes breakfast. 

Harry stands up and pulls Louis up with him, but Louis stiffens, and Harry tries to pretend like he didn't notice. He quickly sets Louis on his feet and brushes off the imaginary dust on his clothes.

Louis is watching him, Harry knows that. He can feel him watching Harry. Harry decides he likes it. he's not sure why, but he knows he likes it.

An urgent knock on the door shakes Harry from his thoughts, and he quickly pushes Louis to his bedroom. When he yanks open the door, a pissed Zayn Malik is standing there. His arms are crossed, foot is relentlessly tapping, and his mouth is pressed into a thin line. 

"Wow, look who's alive." Zayn rolls his eyes and shoves his way past Harry as he spoke sarcastically.

"Look who is sober for once." Harry fires back. He some how knows Niall talked to Zayn, and made him come off as a total jerk.

"Well, I was going to party tonight, when a certain Irish bloke came knocking on my door in tears. Blubbering about you lying to him. What did you do you twat?" Zayn's foot is tapping again, and Harry can only focus on the sound as it clicks on the hard wood floor.

"Niall- Niall, is...overreacting." Harry looks back up at Zayn. "Can you knock that off!" Harry booms as Zayn's foot continued tapping. Zayn stopped tapping then. "Niall doesn't have good reasons to make you hate me. I know that Niall is... I don't know. A saint! But I don't want you to love him but hate me for invalid reasons." Harry says lowly.

"I hate you both." Harry looks back at Zayn, and Zayn's lips are pursed, and Harry knows that he means it. "You both are idiots. You fought, and you both got hybrids-"

"Niall told you?" Harry butts in sharply.

Zayn rolls his eyes once more, annoyed. "How much do you think he can keep away from me moron?" Zayn pinches the bridge of his nose and breathes out sharply through his nostrils. "I don't like drama Harry. And I can understand you not wanting me to be in your buisness- and I don't want to be either, because you are quite boring- but when Niall comes to my door at one in the morning, blabbering about you of all people, then it's my buisness. I was about to shut the door on Niall because he cries over one night stands- when he's the one who left the person in their bed. Niall cries over spilled shampoo. But with this, I know he's not overreacting."

Harry gulps thickly, Zayn never was one to show much emotion. "So what was your purpose in coming over?"

"I wanted to hear your side of the sto-" Zayn is quickly cut off by Harry.

"Bullshit! You always believe Niall, you wouldn't care if Niall was lying and I was telling the truth because you always believe him! Remind me why I'm friends with you? I understand how Niall is friends with you- you love him. He's 'perfect' and 'innocent' and everything I'm not! Screw you Zayn, screw you!" Harry quickly grabs Zayn by his forearm and drags him to the door and throws him out. "Tell Niall that the only reason he can come back here is to pick up his hybrid and come with movers." Harry slams the door and locks it, then slowly slides down it, finally letting the tears fall down his cheeks.

"Niall sucks" Harry screams to himself, hoping- praying- that it will make him feel better.

But it doesn't.

Louis comes out of the bedroom and looks around fearfully then sees Harry on the ground whimpering.  Louis quickly makes his way over to him, and sits next to him. He curls his tail around Harry's arm, and Harry reaches for Lou's hand.

Louis is confused, why is Harry being so nice? Oh who cares. It feels nice and he's not in the mood for denying Harry when he obviously upset.

Harry rubs his thumb across Louis' knuckles, taking notice to the scars there. He wonders-just for a second- why can't I have him?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

IT'S OFFICIAL. I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON I AM SO SORRY TO EVERYBODY READING THIS STORY (AND HOPEFULLY ENJOYING IT) BUT I AM UNFORTUNATELY SICK AGAIN, AND THERE HAS BEEN MORE DRAMA WITH THIS GIRL THAT I USED TO CALL MY FRIEND. BUT PLEASE COMMENT, IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME AND MAKES MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!