Part 11

~the invitation~

-

-

- time skip after the first task- 

It's been a month since my friends came to Hogwarts for the Triwizard Tournament. Many people already had dates for the Yule Ball which is happening in a few days' time. Several people already asked me but I rejected them all. Those including Harry, Neville, Cedric, Marcus Flint, Victor Krum of Durmstrang and 3 new students from Beauxbatons. I've been waiting for Draco to ask me but I might even ask Malfoy myself because I don't really know what's taking him so long.

I met up with my friends in the Great Hall. Once I came down from my dorm, I saw Malfoy beside Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle and even Blaise. He's been a bit distant lately so I think I should talk to him but should i? I don't even know what I'd tell him.. I walked straight to him and asked "Malfoy could we please talk? I wanted to ask you something.. in private" He looked at everyone and they all got the hint and left.

Once we were alone, I looked him in the eyes and my feelings spilled out "What's wrong? Did I do something? You've been so distant with me and I hate it! You're one of my best friends yet you ignore me now and you haven't even asked me to the ball.. I've rejected so many others just so I can say yes to-" He cut me off and said "y/n.. I don't think this is working... I love you. I really do and that's one of the reasons why I'm doing this.. I think we should end whatever this is.. I'm not good enough for you, I can't give you what you deserve and you deserve the world.." ''What are you saying.." I asked him pain spreading throughout my chest. "y/n.. It's over.. You deserve someone else.. I see how Cedric looks at you.. Give him a chance" I looked at him with tears clouding my eyes as I ran back to my dorm. My friends saw me and knocked on my door.. "y/n... are you okay?" I didn't have the guts to answer them. I just wanted to be alone..

I left my dorm for the first time in 2 days and the first person that I saw was Cedric..

I think he noticed I'd been crying because he looked worried. I turned to go the other way but I felt a hand pull me into a hug. I looked up at him and he was smiling. He opened his bag and brought out a rose... "I've been wanting to give you this for a while.." I took the rose and noticed something off with the flower. There was something written on the back. I turned it around and it read "Meet me in the Room of Requirement at 4. No one would be around." That's when it hit me. I looked at who'd signed it and it said "Love D". It's been Cedric all along.. All the letters were from him.. and not Malfoy. "Cedric.. You wrote those letters?" he looked at me and nodded with a small but embarrassed smile..