Pack's Reaction

It was quiet. As soon as Jaylen's eyes shut closed, silence had surrounded them. The only sound they were able to hear, were Theo's sobs as he held onto his girlfriend. He knew she was gone, he couldn't hear her heartbeat anymore, but that didn't mean he had to let go, he didn't want to, he wasn't ready.

Mason and Corey reached out for each others hands as they watched their friend die. Nolan left. He didn't know what to do, so he left the building. They looked at each other in disbelief and then at Liam, who tried his best to hold back his tears. His hand was placed on Theo's shoulders.

"Theo.." He quietly called out to him.

Theo frantically shook his head as he continued to sob, holding Jaylen's head closer to his chest, adjusting her on his lap. He used his hand to wipe away the blood that was coming out of her mouth.

"Please come back to me, baby." he whispered, pleading.

Although Theo was an atheist, at this moment in time, he believed. He silently prayed to God to bring his love back, to bring Jaylen back to him. He prayed for God to bring her back and take him, knowing she had way more to live for than he did.

Liam didn't know what to do. He wasn't close enough to Theo to comfort him, but he knew what it felt like, he had lost Hayden once as well and knew what it felt like to lose your first love. But Hayden came back, and Jaylen wasn't. Liam's grip tightened on Theo's shoulder.

Liam and Theo both glanced down the hall as Scott rounded the corner, his shoes squeaking as he came to a halt. He observed the scene that was displayed ahead of him. All he could feel in that second was heartbreak. Heartbreak for himself and for his best friend who would be here any minute to find his sister, dead.

"I didn't see him, Scott. I swear, I would've done something but I didn't see him." Theo cried to the alpha, scared Scott would think he let her die on purpose. As if Theo would let anyone hurt Jaylen.

"I believe you." Scott stated. Scott couldn't lie, he didn't believe him but after listening to his heartbeat, he knew Theo was saying the truth.

Scott was breaking inside but he tried his hardest to not break down in front of everyone, he felt it was his responsibility to stay strong and comfort the others. But he couldn't help but allow tears to form in his eyes as he watched Theo cry into his girlfriend's hair, begging her to come back.

Scott was getting deja vu as he watched them. Theo and Jaylen were in the exact position he and Allison were in, and because of that he was getting deja vu of Allison's death. He knew exactly how Theo felt. He knew what it felt like to lose your first love and have them not come back, no matter how much you begged.

 He knew what it felt like to lose your first love and have them not come back, no matter how much you begged

Scott pulled out his phone and sent his mom a quick message. Liam made a move towards his alpha, smelling the immense sadness radiating off of him. Scott looked at his beta and nodded, putting up a front and pretending he was fine. Liam knew he was lying, but he wasn't about to call him a liar.