2: Rebirth

In a forest deep within. A Victorian mansion stood proud. But unlike normal days, it isn't peaceful.

It's because the very first princess of the family is finally coming out to see the world!

Maids and butlers scrambled to do their assigned works.
The nannies are inside a room helping the Duchess deliver the little princess.

"Madam, push a little more! I can already see her head!"

"Ahh!"

Outside the room, an anxious Duke with two little boys on both his sides were waiting.

"Daddy, is mom alright?" The youngest boy asked.

"I don't know"

"Father, is little sister safe? Is mother okay?" The older boy asked.

"I don't know. Let's hope that both are alright."

•••

I felt a force pushing me out of this cramped space.

Ara~ is this how it feels in getting born. It sure is unpleasant.

When I was finally out of that hell hole. I felt a pain in my butt.

"Madam she's not crying!" An anxious voice sounded.

Well time to greet my new mother.

"Uwahh!" I cried in a moderate pitch.

"Congratulations Madam! She's a healthy baby girl!"

"Let me hold her." A gentle soft voice said.

Oooh! My mother's got the voice. She can be a singer in my past life and rise to fame like a firework!

"Avril!" A booming voice shouted.

Must be my father. His voice is like a bomb, so deafening! I hate it.

"I'm fine" mother

I heard a sigh.

"Fortunately. Is this our little princess?"

Okay I take it back. Father got a husky deep voice that can make any ear pregnant. I love it to the core.

"Mommy" what a cute voice!

"Yes honey?"

"Its ugly."

Not. I vow that when I grow I'll choke him.

"Ruis. Don't tell those things to our little sister." A calm childish voice said.

Woah! I got a big brother!

"Hmph! She looks like a monkey! I'm cuter than her!"

Well brat, jut wait, I'll show you the true definition of cute.

"Then don't blame me if she somehow remembered what you said and will choke you to death someday."

I agree big brother!

"Master and young masters, its time for Madam and the baby's isolation."

After that? I don't know. I just fell asleep.

•••

When I woke up, I felt what prison is. Note there my dears is the word felt, for goodness sake I still can't open my eyes!

Whatever.

Hmm... Its so fluffy and comfy.

Wahh... I'll just sleep.

•••

Little did our little passerby know that when she fell asleep, a small silver colored six pointed star tattoo imprinted itself between her brows then disappeared.

And little did she know that after she fell asleep, never once did she woke up for entirely three whole months, making the household shrouded in panic, anxiousness and gloom.

"Freign, what if she will never wake up?" A crying duchess said.

"She'll be okay Avril. Believe in her." Duke Freign tried to pacify his wife, but only made it worse.

"But she's asleep for three whole months! All those quacks can't even determine the cause and has the cheek to say she's alright!?" The duchess shouted, her elegance and composure gone with the wind.

"Avril calm down okay? We'll find other ways if another doesn't work" the duke calmly said but with closer inspection, one can notice that there is a slight tremble in his voice. He's just trying to be strong for his wife and children.

While the couple is comforting each other, they didn't notice that the baby made her very first move after three months.

•••

Who the bloody hell is shouting and whispering sweet nothings with no consideration of those who are sleeping?!

I didn't open my eyes and just moved my arms above my ears to at least lessen the noise.

But of course that didn't work.

I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed them with my lotus like arms to remove my sleepiness.

Then I shifted my sight onto the couple.

!

Oh~ Wow. They're both so handsome and beautiful, I can stare at them all day without getting bored.

The woman should be my mother. She got a head full of silver hair that is practically flowing until her waist. I can vaguely see that her eyes is crimson red. Wow, a typical combination for villainesses. Even her crying figure evokes pity to those who sees her.

My father, whom I guess is that man pacifying mother, has black hair. And maybe due to some genetic mutation or is simply inherited, some strands of hair in front of his face is ash colored. His eyes are of the color gold. That shines whenever he smiles but sadly it seems that he is very worried of something today, covering the brilliance of his eyes.

I converted into their fans instantly.

But!

I just can't forget how they disturbed my sleep!

So, I glared at them with my eyes of unknown color.

After about half an hour they finally turned to my direction.

I witnessed them flinch then slowly widen their eyes. They really turned into a statue.

Ehh? Was I that scary?

Oh~ well, since they showed me such amusing reactions, I shall forgive them just this once.

I let out a sigh and then paid no attention to them.

I laid in my crib and faced the other way so that I won't be distracted by their beauty.

When I am near my destination which is the dreamland, an earth shattering cry was heard.

"My little darling princess! Your finally awake!" She scooped my out of my crib and held me gently in her arms. With my eyes closed, I can feel her tears dripping on my cheeks.

I sighed again.

I opened my eyes and looked at my mother up close. Woah! Her skin is so flawless and unblemished!

Wow, how to be you po?

[Po -is a sign of respect when talking to elder or those older than you, in the Philippines]

I just blinked at her multiple times. Then I looked at my father and also repeated what I did to mother, just blinking.

I saw him redden like a tomato, even mother is like him.

Am I just too cute?