3: Past (A)

So yeah. After I woke up many things changed. The mansion or rather, the castle of De Viltrex resume to its lively atmosphere. My parents never allows me to stay with only myself, so these days I'm either with my duchess mom, duke dad, my siscon older brother or my second brother who has recently learned how to love me.

According to him and his bullshit reasoning, he accepted me because of my cuteness and because one can only become a true De Viltrex if one has unparalleled beauty.

So meaning, he didn't like me before when I was just born because I looked like a shrivelled monkey.

Well, because I am the petty type who holds onto grudges, when he carried me I slapped him in the face. However, it seemed like he didn't feel pain at all. So I just pulled his hair and that made him shriek.

Ahh~ it was a sight to behold.

I always had this annoying smug look whenever he is around just to remind him of my accomplishment.

So, that concludes the first chapter of me -the cute princess of De Viltrex dukedom- and my second brother's -the beauty obsessed young master- story.

Right now I'm with no one else but my self. It took a whole week before my parents calmed down.

And during that time I was brought by them into several locations just within the mansion. Thanks to that, I found out where the library is.

During the night, I'd sneak out of my bedroom and head to the library to gather information.

How can I, a baby less than a year old, sneak out, you say?

Well, I also don't know. I just realized that my bodily functions and coordination improved drastically on the night when I just woke up from my deep slumber.

Thinking about that really urges me to bang my head on a wall. How the hell would I know that I was asleep for three whole months!

That was literally called hibernation!

And here I thought it was just a day!

Ughh... I really underestimated my sleepless nights back then on Earth.

Tsk.

So much for trying to earn my parents attention even after knowing that they are emotionless creatures, like literally.

My past mother was a siren. Accordingly, she was a very enchanting one at that. Her beauty can really cause a downfall of a country in the human population.

Even in the underwater kingdom, where literally beautiful mermaids, sirens and other creatures lived, her beauty reigns at the top of the pyramid.

She was a top quality beauty on both the shallow water faction and the deep water faction.

Aside from her beauty she is also known as the HERO.

Mermaids and the kind and harmless creatures -like the yellow fish and the singing small red crab from that stupid red haired mermaid movie that Disney made- are from the shallow water faction.

In contrast, the sirens from the olden tales of old sailors are from the deep water faction along with those vicious sea creatures like sharks and others.

Mermaids are put in the kind category. Mostly because sailors said that they don't attack them when they are sailing. And when they encounter one, the mermaids would wave and smile at them.

But contrary to what they know, throughout the ocean, mainly in the Pacific territory, mermaids are know for their cunningness and hypocritical nature. They always have that mask of a smiling, kind, generous and benevolent one on their face even if they are not those kind.

I sometimes wonder if they got those words' wrong.

In addition to that, they have that aura which humans call, White Lotus Aura.

This is why they have a good reputation to humans and while they are at it they'll spread rumors about the sirens.

In my opinion, those mermaids were very disgusting.

Next are the sirens.

Sirens are classified as dangerous and is in the bad side. Mainly because of those sailors' stories and the manipulation of the mermaids. That said, they are known to lure sailors with their enchanting voice and beauty and then lead them to their death.

In truth, sirens just became the scapegoat of those sailor to avoid embarrassment because they nearly died by following their lusts.

Sirens are very beautiful creatures. Their looks varies to bold, seductive, proud, queen-like, mature and others while the mermaids lean on the cute, pretty, girl next door type, princess type, adorable and immature high school girl type.

This is one of the reasons why mermaids don't like the sirens, its because they are more beautiful than them. So this urges them to spread false rumors about the sirens while upholding the pretense of being a kind good willed mermaid.

Also, one of the reasons why mermaids abhorred sirens is that the sirens' straightforward and aloof attitude. It makes them feel inferior.

Okay back to the sirens.

Aside from their beauty is their voice. It is within their custom to sing every night when the moon is in it's highest peak to praised their creator, Poseidon.

But the sailor twisted it as the sirens luring them to come closer so that they could kill them through making them bump into huge rocks then making the ship sink.

Well, this matter of false words wouldn't spread so far and wide if not with the help of the generous mermaids.

At first, the sirens didn't pay mind to them and their childish tricks.
But when they realized the impact of it to them it was already near to the point of an irreversible situation.

Sailors had started to hunt sirens with the help of the mermaids who showed them every sirens singing spot and providing them the right and best time to hunt.

Their reason? To eliminate evil. Absurd.

Tss... It was a mystery how those mermaids still has the kind status after what they did.

Anyways, during that time when sirens are nearly obliterated, my mother appeared and killed those mermaids and some sailors then warned them to stay away and made them swear in the name of Poseidon to never say the truth of the incident and any information regarding sirens are to be concealed and be brought to their graves.

In the end, only three-eights of the siren population survived.

Maybe due to pity, Poseidon, appeared and promised one thing for them.

The sirens who experienced the despair and sadness during that war asked the god to let him of remove it.

Emotions can't be called emotions if one of them is missing.

But the god can't remove the emotions back because it is one of the fundamentals of his creation.

So, Poseidon decided to lock their emotions deep within their soul. It can only be unlocked if they will meet their soulmate or if someone manage to melt the lock to their heart.

Eventually, my mother volunteered to be the first one to have her emotions locked and them followed by the others.

And this is how the heartless sirens came to be.