Chapter 7: Elaine

Reviving

If I could describe last night's conversation, that's the word I'd use. It was awaking, restoring, and uplifting. It woke up parts of me I never knew were dead. The way we subconsciously revealed each other was thrilling and excavating. We were like pieces of a puzzle placing each other in without even realizing it. Filling up our own holes and understand why they existed. Exchanging a part of ourselves hidden by the rest of the world. Using parable phrases to tell the story of our lives. That's how it all felt.

Reviving.

I wasn't aware at what point I had slept till Gleam woke me up. Somehow, the hard uncomfortable bench felt like fluffy mystical clouds. That turned from enchanting to embarrassing real quick. Rubbing my eyes, I followed him up the road. My legs were numb from the position I was in on the bench. So I didn't move as fast as I usually would. Gleam didn't either. He strolled at my rate. Which I was extremely grateful for. Imagine if he actually left me behind? Alone? In the dark?Okay, not in the dark since the road was lit up but still.

It was crazy you know, how the entire world was silent with only the two of us present. It felt right at that moment. Neither of us said a word to the house. My mind was too ballistic to say anything sensible right now. I wonder what his reason was.

We both got up the stairs and approached our doors but before we got in, Gleam spoke up.

"Hey Elaine, "

I turned from my door to face him, "I forgive you, " and he went inside his room.

I was on cloud 9 when I pushed the door behind me. With the doorknob still in my hand, I squeezed my eyes shut to try and contain the excitement built inside of me. My lips were carved into an uncontrollable smile. I finally let go of the knob, and like a ballerina, I twirled to my bed. Correction, like a terrible ballerina that ended up hitting her toe by the corner of bed. Hopping around like some silly rabbit, I tried to ease the pain. Even when I'm alone, I seem to humiliate myself. On the bright side, no one but myself could ridicule me.

Sitting down on the bed, I massage my big toe. The discomfort slightly leaves and I place my foot down. I drop the rest of my body on the bed and stare at the ceiling.

" From my point of view, there are people out there who are just a single star surrounded by so much darkness. They are swallowed by it so great, their light barely shines, "

I let my mind play around with what he said. Juggling each word, I try to understand them all one by one. I let how he opened up a small piece of himself to me eat up my thoughts. Trying to understand why he let me, of all people, hear it. Hear how he's hurting inside and needs a light to help him fight all that he can't say. How he's drowning in so much darkness, light seems like an impossible conspiracy theory. All he needs is a radiant bright enough to push the darkness.

But am I bright enough to be that light?

<><><><><><><><><><>

Everything was pitch black.

A cold void somehow took me host. My eyes peered into the darkness. Stretching my arms, I reach out hoping to hold on to something but it was no use. I couldn't feel the ground yet gravity did not affect me. How did I end up here? I don't remember walking out of my room or worse, getting off my bed. My body crept up with fear. None of this makes sense. I don't remember signing up for the cast of Conjuring! I want out!

"Hello?"
"Hello?"

I called out to the void but just like every movie I've watched, no one responded. Just my own voice bouncing off three times. I walked around, squinting eyes, trying to figure out where I am. I felt like Alice in Wonderland but there was nothing wonderful about this place. Just weird, dark, and scary.