Chapter 3: Elaine

The house was not at all what I expected. When the large metal bar gate opened, my eyes were awaiting a white mansion, a large fountain in the center, a garden with beautiful scenery, and white horses. Okay maybe I exaggerated on the horses but with all that money he offered, I assumed so much.

But here I was, waking up to see a simple white and navy blue McMansion. The terrace, however, is breathtaking. It had a variety of flowers with brilliant colors. The scenery embellished the dark and forlorn the house displayed. But it was unique and alluring in a way.

I stepped out of the car, clutching my bag in one hand. Mr Wuthrich, who's name I just learned, stepped out and headed to the boot of the car. We didn't get a chance to get my clothes back at home. So Mr Wuthrich suggested buying new ones at the mall once I settled.

As Mr. Wuthrich got his bags, I started to walk over to the patio. The sound of bags falling to the ground caught my attention and I found myself running to help him. But he signaled me to keep walking and that he could handle it. So I reacquaint myself with the patio.

Right there on the tiles were white stools with white plant pots. Each pot contains flowers grouped like a bride's bouquet. His wife must be obsessed with flowers. My attention was consumed by the plants so much so that I didn't hear him open the door.

I rushed inside and stood behind him. The interior was not what I expected either. It was simply beautiful. From the white themed walls to the white stairs on the left covered with a navy blue carpet from top to bottom and the kitchen just on my right. A set of navy blue sofas were neatly arranged just beneath the staircase. Each contained two aquamarine pillowcase.

"Honey I'm home, " Mr Wuthrich announced dragging to suitcases.

Then came rushing in a brunette with a floral dress and apron wrapped around her waist, " I didn't even hear you pull in, " she said hugging him and planting a kiss on his cheek, " how was the trip?"

Before he could explain, she came to give me a bear hug, " And you must be Elaine, so nice to meet you. I love your complexion, " she said, playing with the tips of my hair.

He rolled his eyes in amusement "Okay you girls can continue your little chat, I'll just take these to my room, " and he walled upstairs.

"So Elaine, you must be starving? Why don't we head to the kitchen and I can offer you something?" she asked, pulling me into the kitchen. She has this bubbly behavior that's not sitting right with me.

Like why are you so happy? Do you need to smile at the end of each sentence?

She opened up the cabinets, removing almost everything in them, " So what would you like to eat? We have so much here just take your pick, " she offered still removing what was left in the cabinet.

"Thank......" she interrupted me before I could continue.

"We have so much in here, or are you into fruits? We have a couple of pears and oranges in the fridge, "

"No...I'm, "

"Or maybe you'd like some dessert?" she went on grabbing each and everything that looked edible.

"Mum!" a voice shouted. I didn't even notice the little boy seated by the table, "she isn't hungry. She's been trying to tell you that for over five minutes now, "

I cleared my throat to ease the tension, " I'll just wait for dinner, "

"Okay love, I'll just head upstairs to help my husband unpack. Come to me if you need anything, " and that's how she headed upstairs.

I fixed my posture and walked over to the kid in the corner. When I was close, I noticed that he was eating chopped fruits in a bowl. Before I could say anything, someone walked in. Correction, a Greek god walked in.