(3)

I worked on it every day.

It may seem like an exaggeration but it's true. I worked on it to a point where the scent of the paint became oxygen that filled my weak lungs and weary heart. To a point, where the flow of paint across the board resembled the flow of blood across my veins. A point where my fingers were numb to the core because of the thing I adore.

She was my muse.

I visioned it perfectly. She stood barefoot beside the ocean waves walking on the wet sand. Dusk was slowly approaching, coloring the water in all its glory. The waves silently roared in the background. Her red hair curled faultlessly cascaded off her shoulders. The royal blue dress companioned her eyes so gracefully. It trailed behind her as she took each step. And that smile, perfected it all.

The scenery was breathtaking.

If only she knew what words are composed whenever my eyes met hers. Maybe then, she would know how much I feel about her.

<><><><><><>

"I'm so sorry that we haven't gotten a chance to hang out as much as we used to. I've just been really busy, " Julian apologized for what seemed to be the eleventh time that night.

Lately, Julian and I haven't spent as much time together as we used to. I've been busy with my painting and I have no idea what has been keeping him occupied. So we decided to hang out this weekend with a friendly sleepover. We ordered boxes of pizza, a case of root beer, and different video games we're scattered across the table.

"Don't worry man, I understand. I've been pretty inhabited with my own stuff, " I explained, my gaze shifting to the painting in the corner.

Julian followed it and looked back at me, "Another art project?"

"You can say that, " I said uneasily.

"Can I have a look?" he asked, curiosity filling his grey eyes.

I walked over and grabbed the huge board, heading over to him. He slowly pulled out the cover and remained silent. His eyes widened and the surface of his skin soon became pale. I could even see goosebumps form on his arms.

"Is...t..his...Emilia?" he asked fidelity, breaking in each word.

"Yeah, " I answered, passing my hand through my black silky hair, "I was going to give it to her on her birthday, to try to win her over, " I bluntly chuckled. The air getting caught in my throat.

Julian gulped, "Gleam, it's beautiful, " he slowly commented.

"I hope she thinks so too, "

<><><><><><>

"In that house lies the best moment of our teenage life's," Julian said in the most exuberant tone. Despite the darkness, I could still see his eyes light up.

We stared at the white large luxurious house from Julian's car across the street underneath an oak tree. The night sky resembles my bedrooms navy blue curtains with traces of clouds. All-stars were erased from the sky tonight with only the moon left to shine. The cold grips my thin dark green cotton shirt which I'm starting to regret from wearing. Well, I'm sure being intoxicated tonight will ignite the some heat through my cold body.

Emilia's elder cousin, whose name I no longer remember, was hosting a party tonight, and unfortunately for us, we were invited. The lack of enthusiasm in that text must have left you in shock. A kid my age should be excited, thrilled to attend a party. Well, I'm different from most teenagers but I decide to get out of my shell today. Hopefully, I won't regret it.