Reaction

A/N: Okay so, the first part of this chapter has to do with Sam's reaction to Brenda getting a record deal. Enjoy!

Sam's POV

I was walking downstairs to go to the kitchen when I heard a voice that I hadn't heard in over a month. I stopped outside the living room door and listened. Mom, dad, and mama Donna were in the living room, skyping everyone, along with her. The last thing I heard her say was 'You've got yourself I record deal' before I went back upstairs to get my keys. I walked out the front door, slamming it on my way out. I drove around, listening to music. I drove down the familiar road towards the high school. I drove past it and stopped at the park that's a little farther away from the school. It's 5p.m. and Mr. Schue usually leaves around this time and he comes down here sometimes. if he's here, I'm going to talk to him. I parked on the side of the road and walked around for a little bit until I saw Mr. Schue. I walked towards him and called,

"Hey Mr. Schue!" He turned around and grinned when he saw me.

"Hey Sam! How've you been? I haven't seen you in a while." He asked when I reached him. I sat next to him at the picnic table where he was grading papers.

"I've been good. I've been busy this summer." I lied.

"Oh, how's Brenda? I haven't heard from her in a while either." I coughed and said,

"Um, I haven't talked to her directly in over a month. I heard her telling mom, dad and Donna that she got a record deal a little while ago." I replied, picking at a piece of wood that was sticking out.

"Oh, well that's great! I knew she'd be famous oneday." He laughed. I nodded. It was quiet for a few minutes and I asked,

"Need help?"

"Sure, here." He gave me a stack of paper and the answer sheet. I started grading papers.

"Ya know, I was thinking..." I started. Mr. Schue looked at me." That fi you need help with Glee club, I could help out."

"Of course! That's be awesome!" He exclaimed. I forced a smile.

"Thanks. I need to get out the house ya know? It gets boring being there all the time."

"Yeah, I know. Are you okay Sam? You don't seem like your self anymore."

"I guess Brenda leaving made me grow up. I miss her you know?" I told him." I haven't really been doing much lately. I haven't been going out an having fun anymore. It's like she took a part of me with her to LA."

"Sam, I know it's hard, son. Stuff like this happens all through life. Like my dad says, 'if you let her go, and she comes back, she's yours. If she doesn't, she was never yours to begin with.'" Mr. Schue said. I forced a smile again.

"My dad tells me the exact same thing." I said. We sat grading papers silently.

"So, when do you want me to start?"

"Well, it's Monday, so you can start tomorrow if you'd like."

"Awesome! What time?"

"How is 2 o'clock? It's a few minutes before free period starts."

"Yeah, okay, that's fine. Well, I have to go. I have to be somewhere before 6 so..."

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." We shook hands and I walked off towards my truck. I drove off and went straight to the bank.

TIME SKIP

When I left the bank, I was pretty satisfied with what was in my checking account. When I got home, I found mama sitting at the kitchen table. Everyone else was off doing their own thing away from the house. I sat beside her.

"Hey mama."

"Hey Sammy. Where'd you go?"

"I went to the park near the high school and talked to Mr. Schue."

"Oh, what did you talk about?"

"I asked him if I could help out in glee club." I decided not to tell her about my plans yet. Maybe in a few weeks when I have more money saved up.

"Oh, are you going to?"

"Yes ma'am. Tomorrow at 2 o'clock."

"Well at leas tit'll get you out of the house."

"Yeah. That was kind of the point." I joked slightly.

"Shut up smart ass!" She laughed.

"Sammy!" Sandy shrieked, running as fast as her two year old legs could carry her

"Hey Sandy!" She put her hand on my cheek when I picked her up.

"Where you be at?" She asked.

"I went to talk to a friend. Why?"

"I misseded you!" She exclaimed. (It's supposed to be missded, not missed. It's toddler talk.)

"Oh, I missed you too." I kissed her cheek and she put her hand on my shoulder.

Sorry for the mistakes!