I'm Not Okay

Third Person POV

Over the next three days, Dwight stayed in a hotel, Sam got his hair cut to the way it was before it got long. It was like Brenda leaving all over again, but sort of different at the same time. He still laughed and sang with everyone, but the light in his eyes had faded slightly, and his eyes just looked sad all together. Everyone knew there was something bothering him, but he wouldn't talk to any one about it, even his mom. That is, until Santana walked into the choir room out of know where and interrupted Sam's lesson on country music, which the students had been asking for, and literally dragged him forcefully out the room. She dragged him to the boys locker room, where a bunch of half naked football players were.

"Out." She growled at them, and they all ran out, one with just a towel. She pushed him on the bench, whereas he nearly fell back off it.

"What the hell Santana!" He exclaimed. She stood in front of him with her hands on her hips.

"What's wrong?" She demanded.

"Nothing, unless you count the fact that you just forced me in here and-"

"That's not what I meant, Trouty. Everyone can tell you're upset, but not showing it. We can see if in your eyes. Your eyes have been different since what happened with your dad." She said, hands still on her hips.

"That's just it, Santana." He said sadly, looking down at his hands. She sat on the bench that's across from him.

"What's just it? That you and your dad got in a fight? Me and my dad always get in fights-"

"Yeah but did he ever hit you?" His voice cracked. She looked down this time.

"No, never. He said that he would never hit me."

"Yeah, well, my dad said the exact same damn thing. Now I have a busted lip and black eye because of him." He said, looking at her.

"That's what all of this is about? Sam, it's not that big of a deal."

"Not that big of a deal?" He exclaimed, standing up."He's my dad! He freaking punched me! It is a big deal. For me at least, apparently, no one gives a crap about it. We were so freaking close, Santana, then he started drinking and he fucking cheated on my mom. Do you not know how I feel about all of this? It hurts!" He stood there in font of her crying, waiting for her to call him a bi baby or some other name like she does everyone else. But instead, she just hugged him until he stopped crying.

"I'm sorry Sam. For everything. I'm a bitch, I know. That's all everyone tells me. I'm trying to change, I am. And I'll handle this situation with your dad. But first, I think I know how to make you feel better." She said and took his hand again. They walked hand in hand down the hallway to the auditorium. Where everyone was sitting in the audience, waiting on them. Sam was straight yup confused. Especially when she told him to sit beside Brenda, who kissed him on the cheek, and wiped, what he assumed, tears that were still on his face, away. Santana took a head microphone and spoke into it.

"Okay, so I gave Sam this mini speech about how I'm trying to change, and I'm working on that. But one thing's for sure, I'm never gonna stop making fun of some of the country things 'y'all' do. You, you're brother, and you're girlfriend. But this is a little country Miley Cyrus before she went all kinda crazy with the twerking and riding wrecking balls." She said. Sam snorted and watched as she walked back down to stand in front of him and pulled him back up stage with her."And you have to dance with me." She added before she started singing and clapping. He started laughing when he realized what song it was.

 Boom clap
Boom de clap de clap
Boom-boom clap
Boom de clap de clap
Boom-boom clap
Boom de clap de clap
Boom-boom clap
Boom de clap de clap

Try it with me, here we go.
Boom-boom clap
Boom de clap de clap
That's right
Boom de clap de clap
Boom-boom clap
Boom de clap de clap

1-2-3 everybody come on off your seats,
I'm gonna tell you bout a beat,
That's gonna make you move your feet.

I'll give the barbecue,
Show and tell your how to move,
If you're 5 or 82,
This is something you can do.

Sam started dancing with her, laughing the whole time.

Pop it, lock it, polka-dot it
Countrify it then hip-hop it.
Put your hawk in the sky,
And move side-to-side.
Jump to the left, stick it, glide.
Zig-zag, across the floor
Shuffle in diagonal,
When the drum hits, hands on your hips.
One-footed, 180 twist.
Then a zig-zag, step slide
Lean it left, clap 3 times
Shake it out, head to toe
Throw it all together, that's how we roll.

Do the hoedown (throwdown) [x3]

Throw it all together, that's how we roll.

We get to 4, 5, 6
And you're feeling busted,
But it's not time to quit,
Practice makes you perfect.

By now, everyone was on stage dancing with them. Brenda was dancing in front of Sam, facing each other.

Pop it, lock it, polka-dot it
Countrify it then hip-hop it.
Put your hawk in the sky,
And move it side-to-side.
Jump to the left, stick it, glide.
Zig-zag, cross the floor
Shuffle in diagonal,
When the drum hits, hands on your hips.
One-footed, 180 twist.
Then a zig-zag, step slide
Lean it left, clap 3 times
Shake it out, head to toe
Throw it all together, that's how we roll.

Do the hoedown (throwdown) [x3]

Throw it all together, that's how we roll.

Boom de clap de clap,
Boom-boom clap.
Come on, here we go.
Boom-Boom clap,
Boom de clap de clap.
Boom-Boom clap,
Boom de clap.

Pop it, lock it, polka-dot it
Countrify it then hip-hop it.
Put your hawk in the sky,
And move it side-to-side.
Jump to the left, stick it, glide.
Zig-zag, across the floor
Shuffle in diagonal,
When the drum hits, hands on your hips.
One-footed, 180 twist.
Then a zig-zag, step slide
Lean it left, clap 3 times
Shake it out, head to toe
Throw it all together, that's how we roll.

Do the hoedown (throwdown) [x3]

Throw it all together, that's how we roll.

Do the hoedown (throwdown) [x3]

Throw it all together, that's how we roll.

Boom dap clap, ba-boom dap clapclapclap
Boom bap clap, ba-boom da clapclapclap
Boom da clap, boom de clap de clap
Throw it all together, that's how we roll. 

"Thanks Santana." Sam said, still laughing, as he hugged her. That hug turned into one huge group hug.