|5| A Step Into The Future

Evelyn's P.O.V.

****3 months later***

"Wow your house sounds amazing Sooyoung, I can't wait to find it and bring over all the food I can."

"I hope you do."

Speaking with Emily on our landline, I was patching up Ford's jacket, again. Our house was finished in 2 months and we moved everything in the house. It took us so much time but we now have a studying haven, with a nice kitchen and access to a phone. Ford and I now share a room, and we have an attic for storage, the 75% of the house I did not mention, were labs and personal studies to me and Ford. Ford had a massive private study in our basement and an extra floor being worked on for his own purposes. I got this sweet room near the forest, and it has a window where I spoke with the various supernatural beings when they were being active and wrote journals on the various plants in the forest. I began working on various blueprints for things Stanford might need but we lacked the materials needed to make a lot of this reality. Personally, I did not want to set the government off that I was making a dangerous weapon. One night in federal questioning is what I only needed.

Finishing up fixing Ford's beloved trenchcoat. I soon smiled approvingly and held it out and called for my reckless adventurer boyfriend, "Ford! I finished sewing it. It's Good as New. Eunhae I will talk to you later." Hanging up and looking around I said, "Ford?"

Hearing no response I got up and walked around our cabin, Ford probably was getting info from his supernatural detectors in the basement, adjusting detectors to be able to pick up supernatural beings beyond Gravity Falls.

My boyfriend however snuck up on me and said, "Evelyn," 

"Ah!" I jumped and turned around seeing Ford in a suit for once. Taking a moment to catch my breath I said, "Dangit! Ford, why did you scare me...what's with the get-up?"

Stanford awkwardly tugged at his tie and said, "I have a surprise for us tonight....get dressed. Please."

Blinking a bit confused, I nodded and said, "Alright I will. Here is your coat. Nice and patched up by the way." Handing him his jacket. I walked off and said, "Wait for me!"

Walking to my closet I wondered what in the name of science was this man planning, He never dresses up unless it's for a special dinner. Wait did I forget our anniversaries again?

Putting on my favorite pink chiffon dress I splurged on for the banquet for my thesis that is nationally ranked and Ford's who won that night, I soon brushed out my hair and got my gold dangly earrings on before placing on my heels. Looking at myself in the mirror, I felt sexy. It wasn't much but the small things did count. Applying some light pink lipstick I got from the dollar store. I went to meet Stanford downstairs. As I did, I smiled and said. "Stanford, I am ready."

Stanford turned around and immediately I saw in his eyes, I had nothing to worry about. I have known Stanford for a long time and know he will accept me for whatever, but anytime he has that look of adoration. I feel like I am 19 and we just kissed for the first time all over again. Walking down and seeing his mouth hanging open. I closed it and immediately smiled saying in a slightly bad attempt at a flirty voice,

"Close your mouth astronaut, you are still on Earth."

Stanford blushed and said, "Oh I know...sorry it's just you look beautiful Evie." Taking a moment to lift my hand he kissed it softly before saying, "Are you ready for tonight?"

Nodding I said unsurely, "Yeah totally."

To be honest I was not prepared for anything that would happen next.