Tangled Webs: Twelve

__TWELVE__

On a rainy Saturday afternoon, Yoongi knocked on the door of his room, asking him if maybe, he would like to come to the studio for a recording session along with Jimin. He has a few demos he wants to test and play around with, and has previously handed him the lyrics without committing a time, saying dismissively that maybe he'll decide to throw them all to the garbage instead.

But as the rain platters heavy against the windows of their dorms, Yoongi finally made his decision it seems. And usually, Jungkook is happy to help his hyung out, really. But today, he wishes he'd ask Taehyung or Seokjin instead of him.

But Jungkook doesn't say any of this. He gives a positive answer to Yoongi, because in the end, saying no to Yoongi is impossible for him.

But still, he really wishes he could be anywhere else right now.

Or maybe just by himself. That would've been fine.

But Yoongi is a rather cunning man when he wants to be, and he knows that's what Jungkook wishes, and won't let him procrastinate and certainly not brood by himself. He most definitively planned this carefully, with skills only wield by Min Yoongi.

The rapper knows the air between the two vocalists has been tense for some time now and probably wants them to finally get over it once and for all.

What better opportunity to get them in the same place than inside the recording studio where they can't really ignore one another. And Yoongi gets some work done at the same time, a win-win situation for him.

Not so much for Jungkook because yes, he's been avoiding Jimin as much as possible while living and working alongside him, not always an easy task, especially since they've been constantly busy these past few months.

But he's gotten better at it. And has successfully parried all of his members' attempts to reconcile their relationship.

Except for that time Taehyung invited the whole group to a karaoke evening and no one else but Jimin and Jungkook coincidentally showed up, leaving the two of them awkwardly alone inside the private room he'd rented for the night.

Before, it wouldn't have been an issue. They would've had a fun night filled with jokes and laughter. But now...

Now Jungkook has learned his lesson and doesn't trust Taehyung's polite invitations and friendly smiles anymore. And he wishes his members wouldn't force them to work things out. He feels bad enough to have somehow ruined their impeccable teamwork, although he does think he's professional enough in his attitude whenever work is involved.

And professional he tries to be, with his polite face on as he steps inside Yoongi's studio, even if he wishes he could be somewhere else right now. And Jimin looks the same. Even with his poker face on, Jungkook knows him well enough to read behind the mask, to see how uncomfortable he actually is.

But that's not Jungkook's problem.

I can understand how hard it is for you, but don't be immature about this, Yoongi had warned him months ago, and Jungkook tries hard not to let his feelings affect their work, to follow his hyung's counsel.

"Jungkook? Are you ready?" Jimin asks, bringing back to his present situation. He looks at him, concerned, and always with a dose of apprehension in his eyes. It's ever so present these days whenever they're in the same room.

"Yeah." He nods at Yoongi sitting on the other side and the older man nods back.

They put their headphones on and when Yoongi judges them well in position, the music starts playing.