Tangled Webs: Two

--TWO--

Life moves in mysterious ways.

It moves people in his path, people he would never expect.

Some he wishes life could have disregarded.

Some he gratefully stumbled upon.

And some were such a surprise, he couldn't speculate how it happened.

For the first type, he tries to forget them, with varying levels of success.

For the second type, he cherishes them daily even if he can't always say it in words as words don't often come easily to him.

For the third...

Well.

Case in point.

It's the after party of the Seoul Music Awards, and Jeon Jungkook promises himself to avoid alcohol at all costs. No, he won't succumb to his members' numerous pleas to at least drink one glass 'to celebrate our achievements, come on Jungkookie, please'.

Any other day, he would. He loves drinking. But not today.

He, after all, has a mission.

BLACKPINK is known to leave after-parties early -when they actually show up, that is. So he doesn't have much time to put in place his little uncouth plan he elaborated barely two hours ago.

The moment he saw her at the awards he knew he had to do something.

It might've happened two weeks ago, but the events of that night have not left his mind once, like he's been reliving the parts he remembers every night for those past weeks.

He thought it would fade with time, but instead, it only grew stronger and more powerful until it became a demon haunting him at any moment.

Jungkook had enough demons plaguing his life already, he would put this one to rest.

He scans the room searching for the female idol who hasn't left his mind since she entered it that night.

And what a night it had been...

His sober self would've never done the things he did that night and none of it would've ever happened if he hadn't drunk all the countless shots Yugyeom kept handing him.

What transpired afterwards is fuzzy, only vague images remain. Images of BLACKPINK's Rosé aka Park Chaeyoung, fragments of sparse moments of them together.

Teasers really, tantalizing him to the point where he's craving for the full version.

He likes BLACKPINK so he noticed them the moment they arrived at BamBam's party. And Park Chaeyoung's singing voice made one hell of an impression on him, so he was well aware that she stood not too far from him with one of her members.

He just can't seem to remember what exactly happened afterwards for him to leave that party with Park Chaeyoung to her dorm.

Maybe he should feel ashamed or apologetic about his actions, but he simply can't. What's done is done and all that's left for him to do is to move forward.

And since he can't forget about it, moving forward means talking with Park Chaeyoung. Something he probably would have never done if sober since there were no reasons to.

But sober he is tonight, and he intends to stay that way.

Their only other interaction with each other was the morning after, and what an interesting moment it had been, so Jungkook is curious how this might play out.