Tangled Webs: Eleven

__ELEVEN__

It's been two weeks since the aftermath of the party at the Seventeen's dorm. Almost a week since her last conversation with Woozi, and that morning where she woke up in Jungkook's bed. Chaeyoung still can't forget about it, even with the past stressful and filled up days she's just had. She's tried not to make a big deal out of it, but a rush of warmth envelops her every time she remembers it, and it's quite often.

Something has shifted between them, she's not imagining it. He's...softer with her. He smiles more. Teases her more.

She likes it. It's dangerous that she likes it, but what she's feeling right now is too electrifying, she refuses to suppress herself just because of some distant warning bells ringing in the back of her head.

She woke up with a smile this morning, either because of the sunlight creeping through her curtains or because of the images she remembers from her dream.

A nice dream of her and Jungkook dancing together.

That's it. That was all the content of her dream, and it's enough to put a smile on her face the moment she woke up.

And she has a hard time wiping it off her face as she goes through her morning routine.

She hums her way through her shower and with light steps, bounces toward the kitchen where she busies herself with the task of making breakfast, careful to keep the noise down since she's currently the only one awake. She still hums Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' as she moves around, the song stuck in her head for some reason.

They only have a schedule late in the afternoon, so Chaeyoung decides to cook breakfast for everyone and opts for scrambled eggs with a fruit salad and pancakes. She always prefers to make various dishes so there will be something to please everyone, or so they can grab a bite of everything.

She's almost done when Lisa emerges from her room, attracted by the smell.

"I'm sooo hungry!" The blond dancer is staring at the food on the table with heavy-lid eyes, smacking her lips together, dried saliva still visible in the corners of her mouth.

Chaeyoung hands her a glass of juice without a word. Lisa's shoulder-length hair is all over the place, her shirt all wrinkled, but she manages a smile as she gladly accepts the glass.

Lisa silently drinks her juice, still too lethargic to make conversation, but Chaeyoung is used to Lisa's grumpy morning self. It usually takes time or food to transform her into her usual chirpy self.

Jennie joins them soon after just as Chaeyoung starts putting food on the plates, sitting on the seat next to Lisa. Unlike the youngest who came to the kitchen directly after leaving her bed, Jennie is all showered and dressed for the day, her eyes wide and alert.

"Thanks for the food, Chaeng."

It's a mostly silent breakfast, her two members busy eating their food, but it's a calm silence, a comfortable one and Chaeyoung cherishes those moments as much as the loudest ones.

They're almost done eating when Jisoo stumbles in the kitchen with a loud yawn.

Followed by Jung Hoseok.

The three girls' jaws hit the floor.

Jennie even drops her fork. It clatters in the stunned silence that falls on them at the sight of the unexpected guest.

Jisoo continues her way inside the kitchen, like it's perfectly normal for a boy to be following her, hair still tousled from sleep. Or lack of?