Tangled Webs: Ten

__TEN__

"What are you doing?"

Jungkook raises his brows at Seokjin, his bowl of ramyun quite on evidence in his hands, with a string of noodles dangling from his mouth.

"Eating?" he still answers after slurping.

The older male slumps down on the couch next to him with an aggravated sigh. "I mean, with the BLACKPINK girl."

His eyes go wide with shock but it's too late to backtrack and hide his surprise, Seokjin already noticed it. He slouches deeper in the couch, morose. "How did you know?"

"I saw you trying to sneak her out once in the middle of the night while I was eating a snack in the kitchen. You never saw me, you blind man. You should be more careful with your surroundings if you don't want to get caught."

Jungkook grumbles in answer. At least he wasn't caught by Namjoon or Yoongi. But yes, he should be more careful. It's not like he doesn't know of Seokjin's habits of eating snacks at 3am. But it's not his fault if his brain short-circuits when he spends time with Park Chaeyoung though.

"You should've brought her to your own apartment if you didn't want anyone to find out."

Jungkook shakes his head. "I don't... I don't like bringing people I'm not close with over there. You know that. Maybe..." Maybe later, he almost adds. But will there be a 'later'? There isn't supposed to be one, but he can't deny that the possibility is starting to sneakily take root in his head.

"So... what are you doing? Playing around with her?" Seokjin asks once more, relentless.

"Why all these questions? That's not like you at all," Jungkook throws back with a growl, on the defensive under the judging stare of his member. Seokjin always means well, holding his members' happiness close to his heart, but he's not usually this intrusive about Jungkook's whereabouts.

"I just worry about you, that's all! I don't mean to be noisy... We might be older than we were when we started, but you're still the youngest, and I care. And no matter how old you get, I'll still care," Seokjin defends, both hands raised.

Jungkook smirks. "Admit it, I'm your favorite, that's why. "Seokjin whines at his answer and Jungkook chuckles. "I know it, don't even try to argue about it! I should tell -"

He stops short.

No, he can't tell him. He's not speaking to him anymore.

He still has these moments where he forgets and gets the urge to share something with him, but then he remembers.

He clears his throat, continuing like he hasn't spoken before. Pretending he forgot what he wanted to say. "We're just having fun," he answers Seokjin's question instead, knowing it'll distract the oldest from what he was about to say. "We're two adults who both know what we got into, so I'm not leading her on if that's what you're worried about."

"I know you wouldn't, but I still worry. She's that vocalist whose voice you really like, and you still bear the scars from your last relationship, no matter what you say. I know you, I've been raising you for more than a decade! Ungrateful youth!"

Jungkook scoffs, but doesn't argue his point. He has no intention of letting a girl close to his heart again, not even Park Chaeyoung. Sure, he never thought that after two months, they'd still have sex regularly. And sure, they might talk a little before and after, inquire about each other's health, and share some songs suggestions, but that's it. It barely makes them friends.

But maybe...

"You have nothing to worry about," Jungkook reassures him again. "We'll just be more careful when she comes over next time."