Tangled Webs: Five

__FIVE__

Jennie acts as if nothing happened, and if Chaeyoung hadn't witnessed it with her own eyes, she would never guess her to be a victim. It's worrisome, watching her pretend her life is perfectly normal but Chaeyoung follows her wishes, never breathing a word to anyone about the unprofessional actions of her yoga teacher who's clearly crossing lines and might very well venture into more dangerous territory in the future.

But Chaeyoung doesn't know what to do, except trying to keep track of the times Jennie goes to her sessions and checking that someone always goes along with her without Jennie ever finding out about her meddling into her affairs.

It's exhausting, but her determination holds strong.

And she can't stop thinking about it, about what she saw, and it almost overshadows her thoughts of a certain male who keeps popping up at most random times.

Mostly when she shouldn't be thinking about him.

Now is one of those times since she's on the clock, and she really needs to keep her mind blank because he's also here, and she can't have anyone noticing the look she gets in her eyes whenever she sees him.

Eyes shining with sinful thoughts.

They're currently at a K-pop summer festival hosted by SBS and BLACKPINK has just finished performing on the open-air stage. The atmosphere outside is heavy and the rays of the sun blast without mercy in the sky, leaving the four of them in sweat and bone-tired when they finally exit the stage.

Some of the venue staff escort them back to their dressing room without any encounter with other groups, the backstage area strangely silent even with the dozen of groups in attendance. Since they'll be a huge gathering on stage at the end, they can't leave yet even though there's still half the time to go by until the end. Not a bad placement for a group still considered as a rookie, Jisoo had said to cheer them up earlier.

At least they're away from the heat, even if the waiting room doesn't have AC.

Chaeyoung doesn't usually mind the downtime, she always loves watching other groups' performances but today, she wishes they could leave immediately. Nothing good can come for her in being in such a close distance from him with her members in proximity.

There's no reason to think anything will happen, but her paranoia has rising to alarming levels and all kinds of scenarios play out in her mind just knowing he's somewhere nearby.

"I'm so tired," Lisa declares as she lowers her body on the couch as soon as they're inside their designated room.

"Still? You woke up late this morning, it was hell getting you up," Jisoo complained. "Why do you sleep so much?"

"I just need more beauty sleep than the rest of you," Lisa shrugs before turning her body away from them. "I'm taking a nap, wake me up in an hour or so." She closes her eyes and is immediately asleep, her long limbs half dandling off the too small couch, but that doesn't stop her from looking comfortable.

The three older girls stare at her, all in awe at her ability to fall asleep so fast in such an uncomfortable position and place, before taking seats elsewhere around the room.

Chaeyoung turns her attention to the screen that shows the next group and watches with a smile as Red Velvet takes place on the stage. Humming along, she gets lost in their songs, hands distractedly mimicking the choreography of 'Russian Roulette'.

They perform a few other songs before leaving the stage, and because the universe is never on her side, BTS appears next.

Her eyes unconsciously follow Jungkook's movements on the screen, strong and fluid. And holy hell, he's wearing tight black leather pants. She bits her lower lip as she watches his body rolls and thrusts as he goes through the choreography.