Seven

__SEVEN__

Chaeyoung is watching a drama with Lisa when she receives his text that evening.

I just changed into my pyjamas, I don't want to go out is her first reaction at seeing his name pop on her phone.

It's annoying how she's still bothered by his underdeveloped warning followed by his quick exit.

Plus she still remembers his little jab. It hit a nerve harder than she thought.

'Is that all you think about', that's what he told her. Is that how he sees her, as a horny woman who keeps coming back for more every time he rings?

She grits her teeth and stares at his text. How could he think otherwise when it's exactly what she does?

Well, with the numbers of time he's texting her asking if they could meet, he's the needy one.

But because she's weak, she clicks on it the next moment, although she taps on the screen with more force than needed.

There are things you should know about Seventeen's Woozi, she reads.

Well, he's not asking her to come over, which is a refreshing change. In fact, she's actually surprised he stayed true to his word and is explaining to her what his obscure words meant.

That's what you said, she texts back, curious. In her opinion, the smaller man is soft-spoken but stern in his views and ideas, and his passion for music burns raw and true. His eyes sparkle with it every time the subject is approached.

She has no clue what Jungkook might tell her. No clue if she even should believe him.

She doesn't know him all that well after all.

I'm good friends with a few of his group's members, so I've hung out at their dorms a few times and gone to parties they've thrown.

Ah yes, that infamous 97 liner group of friends. Everyone whispers about them. It reminds her of one of those cliques in high school movies, unapproachable, with everyone's eyes on them.

He continues a moment later. He has a certain modus operandi. He befriends a certain type of girl, gets them to trust him. Finds their weaknesses. And then he manipulates them into hanging out with him, going on out on dates.

Chaeyoung frowns at her screen, the drama on the TV in front of her completely forgotten. She can't imagine the reserved man she talked with being this way. It sounds ridiculous.

Is he making this up to yank her chain? See how gullible she is?

He doesn't seem like that at all? she sends back, tapping her reply almost angrily on behalf of the other man.

That's why it works, he sends back. The most important point though... well, I only heard about it, never witnessed it myself... but if the girl at some point refuses to spend time with him, he gets angry. Violent.

Violent? She frowns in distaste, dubious about it all. But as Woozi doesn't look like a violent man, Jungkook doesn't look like a liar either. Or maybe she's a terrible judge of character and could be wrong about either. Or both.

She stares at his reply for a long time, feeling a little angry at Woozi's instance. She knows these things are sadly more common than the public knows, but it doesn't fit him at all.

Jungkook's friends might've made assumptions without having the whole context. Maybe they speculated. Maybe they lied. There are so many possibilities that could explain why he's wrong but thinks he's right.