Chapter 1-Georgia

"Thank you so much for dropping by.Have a great day,Rosa"I smiled at the old lady as I handed her the donuts she loved so much.

"Thank you dear.Have a wonderful day,"she said with a smile and retreated out of the door.I wiped my hands down on the apron which were covered in flour.I asjusted my name tag and smoothed down my hair.

"Georgia may I go?It's time for my lunch break,"Ferderico asked as he walk out of the kitchen,smoothing his blonde hair down.

"Of course.You can come a little later if you want.It's not that busy today,"I said as I wiped off the counter and looked over at the tables that occupied no more than five people.My small café was something I took pride in.After all,I absolutely loved baking.The café wasn't elegant where celebrities would eat but was rather common in this area in London.

The Morning Café became a little more crowded over the past two years.

"Thanks,Georgia,"he smiled and I nodded.I then walked to the storage room and pulled out a new bag of flour.I carried it to the kitchen and hurried back to the front when I heard the bells jingle,indicating someone's arrival.I tied my brunette hair into a messy bun on the top of my head and took my place behind the counter.

"Goodmorning what can I get y-"

"Black coffee,no sugar,"I blushed out of embarrassment as a handsome man which looked not a day older than twenty-five cut me off rudely.

"Okay.Would you like anything else wi-"once again I was cut off and then for the first time I lift my head to meet striking blue eyes.

"No,"I narrowed my eyes at the both rude and handsome man and nodded slightly.I muttered angrily to myself as I mixed his coffee and put the lid on the cup.I walked towards him again and sat the cup on the counter.

"That will be £3.22 please,"I said and he shoved a ten dollar bill on the counter.As I was about to give him his changed he muttered something that really ticked me off.

"Hope the product isn't as cheap as the cost,"

"Okay.Here is your money sir.I would recommend you don't come back here if you do not appreciate and like the service here.Even though you were not here once other than today.Thank you sir,but I'm going to have to ask you to leave.Have a splendid day,"I smiled and put the ten dollar back on the counter and slid it towards him.I took the coffee and walked towards the sink and emptied the contents into it.

"I don't think you quite know whom you are talking to,"he bit out in a low whisper as he glared at me.People were beginning to watch the exchange and I looked past his shoulder apologetically.

"Sir,I asked you to leave.Thank you for stopping by,"I said,not meeting his eyes as I wiped the counter again.

"Not worth my time,"he hissed out and I rolled my eyes and got back to work.I heard the door shut and let out a breath.I absolutely hated rude and upright people.

"Good morning,what can I get for you?"I put a smile on my face as another customer steps to the counter.

"Do you have some of your delicious strawberry cheesecake?"I let out a hearty laugh at the eager teenage girl.

"Sure sweety.Would you like something to drink with that?"I smile and she nods eagerly.

"To go?"she shakes her head and I go prepare her order.

-

"Jeremy,I really don't want to go,"I sigh and look at him.He gives me pleading eyes and I look away.I can't handle someone counting on me or begging me.

"Please,Gia.Janette has fallen sick again.I just can't leave her alone.But,I still have to go to that party.And that's where you come in.If you go,my boss will go easy on me,cause he will see there is someone in my place.Please Gia,"he pleads and I furrow my eyebrows.Guess it wouldn't hurt,other than the awkwardness since I wouldn't know anyone there.

"Okay.Look after Janette well,"I smile at him and he releases a relieved sigh.

"Oh thank you,thank you,thank you,Gia.You're a life saver.Remember,dress code is formal and snobby.Unlike anything you wear,"I heard him mutter under his breath.

"Hey!Don't say that,"I say and plop down on my couch.Jeremy just showed up on my doorstep panicked and literally fell on his knees and begged me.

"We need to start getting you ready.The party starts at six pm.Please stay for a little over an hour and then you can go home.Because knowing you,you would turn on your heel and bolt out of there as soon as you made an appearance,"I cringe inwardly at his assumption which is entirely true.

"I won't even know anyone there,"I sigh and look at him as he stands up.

"That's why there's thing known as mingling.You won't have trouble having some company.After all,you're quite a sight for sore eyes and you have this kind and gentle aura about you,"he points out and I huff.

"Okay,okay.But you'll have to choose my outfit.You and I both know if I had a choice,I would be sporting sweatpants and a big sweater in this weather,"I walk to my kitchen and boil some water.

"Would you like something to drink?Coffee or tea?"I ask and he comes into view in the kitchen and gives me a pointed look.

"Gia,it's already half past four.We need to get you ready,"I put off the kettle and grumble underneath my breath but follow him down my hall nevertheless.

-

"You look great and you're ready to go.I asked Leo to come around with the limo,so you're all set.And remember,these are snobby,rich and really rude people so try to blend in a little,"I shoot him a look and look over myself in the mirror once again.

He had chosen a floor length black dress with thin straps and a thigh high slit.I was not used to this kind of attire but I would be lying if I said it didn't look good on me.I had straightened my shoulder length brunette hair and wore dazzling long diamond earings.As for the shoes,Jeremy chose a pair of silver strappy heels.I hadn't wore makeup except for a coat of mascara which contrasted my emerald green eyes beautifully.I smiled a little and looked at Jeremy again.

"Thank you Jeremy.I'll try to atleast befriend one person,"I laughed slightly and he gave me a hug.I heard a beeping noise and he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"Leo's here.Okay let's get going.And thank you Gia,"he said and we walked to the front door before he opened the door to the limo for me and I stepped inside.

I really hope tonight goes as planned.