Chapter 10-Georgia

"Javier,sit down.We don't have much time to speak but this is important,"I said and looked down to make sure Lilly was asleep.Her breathing was even and she was drooling a little.Javier took a chair that was in the corner of the room and sat on it.

"What's going on?"his silky smooth voice demanded and I glared at him.

"Oh God I don't know how to even tell you this,"I dragged my hand down my face.

"Cut the crap.You were the one saying we didn't have time to speak,"he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Who is Lilly's nanny?"I asked and his posture straightened up.

"I don't know why you need to hear that.That is information I can't disclose.How do you even know she has a nanny?"

"Fair enough.This might sound really forward coming from a complete stranger but...well,you have to fire her immediately.It may sound strange but you really have to.I don't know how you didn't notice the bruises on Lilly.Her nanny has been harming her.I don't know the reason but Lilly told me,"his eyes were wide and he abruptly stood up.

"If you are lying to me,I swear to God,"he was furious and took Lilly from my lap.

"Yes,because you know,I would lie over something as serious as this.Javier I am only a stranger but really,you need to look out for Lilly more.For God sakes,she's your daughter,"he looked back at me with disgust and glared at me as he walked to the door.

"Mind your own damn business,"I stared in shock at his retreating figure and just then the nurse walked in.

"Miss Young, it's time for your tests,"I nodded and she helped me up and into a wheelchair.I was perfectly capable of walking but I let it go.As she pushed me to the elevator I couldn't get his words out of my head.

I get it.I had no right to meddle but a child was in danger.If it meant for an outsider like me to interfere to keep a mere child safe,so be it.The idea of that girl going through something like that didn't sit right with me at all.

We stopped infront of a door and a doctor walked out and adjusted his coat.

"Miss Young.I see you're doing much better.Now let's get to the testing,"I nodded and the nurse pushed me towards the way the doctor was heading.

Javier

Everything she said has to be a hoax,right?Making up something so preposterous out of spite?But for what?Was it because we were intimate?God,so many unanswered questions.

I climbed into the car and the driver looked back and I nodded.He started the car and we pulled out of the packed parking lot.Uncertainty was gnawing at me and I glanced down at Lilly.

If what Georgia said was indeed true I couldn't possibly live down the guilt.I don't even know if I could ever look Lilly in the eyes ever again.She was the most precious thing in my life but once again,here I was working all of her childhood.What a father I was.

"Sebastian,you can take us to the penthouse,"he nodded and turned left.I took out my phone carefully out of my back pocket since Lilly was still sleeping on my lap.I dialed my lawyer's number and in a matter of seconds he picked up.

"Mr.Black.How are you?"his Irish accent rang through the phone.

"Harres.I'm fine,thank you.Could you by any chance come by the penthouse?I have some urgent matters that I need your help with,"I said and glanced down at Lilly.If what Georgia said was true,I would certainly have to press charges against Lilly's nanny.

"Ah,yes.My schedule is a little packed but I'll make it by six,"

"Thank you,Harres.I appreciate it,"we bid our goodbyes and I hung up.

We were pulling into the parking lot and I situated Lilly in my arms.Sebastian opened the car door for me and I climbed out.He shut the door behind me and escorted me to the lobby.

The bell boy greeted me and I nodded and proceeded to walk to the elevator.I pushed the button to the top floor and waited anxiously as unpleasant instrumental music played.

The elevator finally opened on my floor and  I set my phone down on the countertop.I walked to Lilly's room and layed her down carefully on her floral bed.Her arm was still in the cast.

I made sure she was asleep before closing her door.It was still bright out so I would have to wake her up soon.Now,I had other matters to tend to.

The nanny was supposed to be here today but after looking around the house,I realized she wasn't here.This was probably for the best.With my pent up anger I would most likely lash out on her.

I headed to my office and as I was opening the door,I heard the elevator doors open.I turned around and stood,waiting.She came in with a variety of grocery bags and sat everything on the floor.

"Oh,my poor back,"she didn't notice me yet and I stood there staring at her.She set everything on the counter top and began unpacking and stocking up the cabinets and refrigerator.

"Oh, what's this?Javier must be back,"she said as she picked up my phone.She looked around and when she spotted me she put the phone down.I stepped forward and stuffed my hands in my trousers and stridded over to her.

"Oh Javier!You're home early.Didn't you say you would be returning a little later?"I ignored her and took my phone from the counter.

"Take a seat,Willow.I have something very important to discuss with you,"I gestured to the living room and took a seat on the recliner.She soon followed and took a seat on the couch opposite of where I was seated.

"What's the matter Javier?"she tucked her blonde hair behind her ear and I looked at her pointedly and sat up straighter.

"I want you to think very carefully before you answer my question.Or I won't be held responsible for what happens next,"