Chapter 2-Javier

"Sir,Mr.Leonardo called in to say that you will be needed in the conference room in about twenty minutes,"I looked up to see Amanda,my assistant walking into my office and I nodded.She stood for a minute too long and I lifted my head and glared at her.

"Do you need anything else?"I asked,irritated and she bit her lip.

"N-no sir,"she said and my gaze snapped up to her and I flicked my hand to the door.

"Out,"I bit out and she scurried out in her sky-high heels.I was in a foul mood due to that crappy bakery lady and I had no shame in admitting that I was taking it out on everyone else.No one,and I repeat,no one ever talked to me like that without getting a sort of punishment.And what aggravated me even more is the fact that she was still nice about it.

I groaned and stood up from my desk,pushing the paperwork aside.I strided to the door and went to the private elevator.I went to the first floor and walked out of Black's Industries.

I climbed into my car and reversed out of the parking lot.I made my way to the kindergarten.The London weather was harsh and I put on the heat in the car.I parked out front of the kindergarten and walked towards the entrance doors.I looked over to see the children each in different areas.Some were playing together but some were sleeping.I looked over to see Lilly in a secluded area with a book in her hand.

I walked up to her and smiled at her slightly.God,she was precious.With her little rosy cheeks and big blue eyes.Her black hair was down and reached her shoulders,still as neat as ever.

"Hello father,"there it was,the formality.No dad,dada or even paps.I suppose I was the cause of it,I was a little bit too formal sometimes.I had gotten used to it.Because my four year old daughter had the intelligence of a twenty year old.

"Hello Lilly,"I crouched down and spread my arms.She stepped into my embrace and I kissed her head.

"Come on,you're going to visit grandma and grandpa,"she nodded and I took her hand and walked to the front desk where Beatrice was seated.I nodded at her and she waved,a warm smile on the elderly lady's lips.

"Have a great weekend Beatrice,"

"Likewise,"she said and Lilly and I exited.I saw her tug her coat a little closer to her body and her nose running.I stopped and picked her up.I put her in her backseat and started the car.

"How was school today Lilly?"I questioned and I saw her sigh.

"Nothing special,"she muttered and I nodded.

I took a turn to my parents house and opened the door for Lilly.She jumped out and went to my side,clutching her school bag on her shoulders.I led her to front door where snow had gathered.I knocked twice and the door swung open.

"Oh hello dear!"my mom hugged me and picked up Lilly.

"Hello mother,"I say in monotone.

"Ugh son,you need to stop with the formalities,"she rolls her eyes with a smile on her face.

"Would you like to come in for hot coco and cookies?It's rather cold outside,"I shake my head and take a step back.

"I actually have a meeting I need to attend to.I only came to drop Lilly,but if I have time after maybe I'll stop by,"I said and went to hug them both.

"Bye Javier,"

"Goodbye mother.Goodbye Lilly,enjoy your stay at your grandparents,"I pat her on the head and she nodded,looking away.

I returned to my car and it purred back to life.I reversed out and looked back at the house,but not before seeing Lilly frown as she looked at the car.It hurt,it hurt to not be there for her.

I drove through the snow and pulled up on the high way.I sped up as I looked at the time.Three minutes before the meeting was about to begin.

I parked the car in the parking lot and walked into my building.People stopped what they were doing and stared.I shot them a pointed glare and they scurried back to their work stations.Satisfied with myself,I went to my private elevator.I stepped out onto the top floor and walked towards the conference room.

Amanda was standing by the door and fidgeting.I took my time walking and didn't spare her a glance as I walked pat her.

"Sir you're late!They are beginning to get impatient-"I held my hand up to silence her and pushed the glass door open.

"Enough.I assume you have the blueprints?"I looked back at her and she looked around hesitantly.

"Actually sir,Mr.Leonar-"I looked at her in annoyance as I could clearly see her trying to come up with a lie.

"Please pack up your belongings and leave your employee key card at the front desk.You are no longer needed here,"I dismissed her as I fired her.

"But-But sir you can't do th-"I glared at her and shooed her away.

"Excuse me,I have a meeting to attend to,"

-

"Mr.Black,I would like to invite you to my opening party.Event starts at six pm.I would be very grateful if you would be able to attend,"Mr.Clive said over the phone.

"Nice hearing from you,Mr.Clive.Yes,I'll be there,"I hung up and walk out of the conference room after everyone has left.I was looking forward to spend some time with Lilly and my mother but I guess business is business.

-

"Ah Mr.Black,I see you've made it.Thank you for showing up,"he pats me on the back and I nod,walking up the pristine steps and stepping through the open door.People are scattered across the open-pan area of the venue.I walk towards the bar and order a tequila.

"Here you go sir,"I nod at the woman and she gets back to work serving a customer.

"Javier,I was actually surprised when I saw you here,"an old friend takes a seat on the barstool next to mine.

"How could I decline when the host himself invited me?"I rhetorically question and take another sip of the tequila.

"Well that is true,"he chuckles and walks off again.As I'm about to make my way to the restroom I see an absolute beauty step into the place.She shifts from one foot to another as she looks around the place.From her form-fitting dress to her brunette shoulder length hair,she was sure to turn some heads.Entranced,I watched as she released a breath and stalked over to the bar.Completely forgetting about my need to go to the bathroom,I walked over to the bar and took a seat which was two seats apart from hers.I called the bartender and ordered a martini and sent it over to the brunette.She lifted her head and shook her head as she moved the glass away from her.The bartender pointed towards me and I grumbled once I realized who she was when those big green eyes met mine.