Chapter 9-Georgia

"So...what do you want to do?"I asked Lilly who was still sitting on my lap.Her big blue eyes were a little red from crying.

"I'm sorry miss Georgia.And I didn't mean to disturb your peace.I really didn't want to go home,"she sighed and scooted back.I tilted my head to the side as I admired her way of speaking.It was rather...odd to hear a little girl talk so fluently and without any problems.Made me wonder how old she really was.

"It's okay sweetie.Is there something wrong that you don't want to go home?"I really hoped she wasn't dealing with something harsh at home.But then again,Javier doesn't seem like a man who would allow or do something like that.

Javier...

"It's nothing miss Georgia.I just don't want to go home yet,"I nodded slowly,not convinced but let it go.

"Haven't even combed my hair yet..."I murmured under my breath as I rumaged through my little tioletry bag on the desk.

"Oh,um can I?"Lilly looked shy as she said that and I smiled a little.I pulled a comb and a brush out of the bag and put it down on my lap.

"I don't see why not.Just try not to pull my hair out of my scalp," she giggled and picked up the comb.I pulled the hair tie from my tangled hair and my hair fell down to my shoulders.

"You have really nice hair,"Lilly said as she touched my hair with her right hand since the left was in a cute pink cast.

"Thank you.I like your hair too,"she smiled and began doing my hair.My eyes nearly bulged out of my eye sockets as she dragged the come through my very tangled hair.

"See miss Georgia? It's not hurting,is it?"I catched my breath and shook my head.

"Not at all,"I replied breathily.She worked on my hair for a few more minutes before she was finally done.I let out a sigh of relief when she set the comb down.

"Do you have a mirror?"I nodded and took out one I had in my bag.I tilted the small mirror from side to side and speculated her hard work.It was in a messy side braid and she took out my overgrown bangs out and placed some behind my ear and the rest she let frame my face.

"It looks really pretty.Thank you Lilly,"she smiled and nodded.

"Want me to do your hair too?"I asked and she nodded eagerly and scooted further onto my lap.I took out her hair tie from her long blonde locks and separated her hair in two.I then tied the one part and started french braiding the other.Once I was done with the first part I did the same to the other.I took out small floral hair clips and placed some in random spots.

"You can look in the mirror now,"I handed her the mirror and she grinned widely.

"Thanks miss Georgia,"she touched around her hair and I nodded.It was refreshing to be with a kid again.It took your mind off of being an adult and made you feel like a little kid.

The door opened and the nurse from before walked in.

"Miss Young,I was informed your tests will be in about thirty minutes and until after the testing no one can be here,"she said.I looked at my phone and saw it was still a little past two.

"Uh... Lilly I think I'll have to call your dad to come pick you up a little earlier.If you want to,I can ask him if you can come tomorrow,"she nodded dissapointed and I patted her head.

I pulled out the card Javier gave me and dialed the number into my phone.I hit call and it rang two times before it went to voicemail.I grunted in frustration and opened messages.

Javier

|It's Georgia.Something came up.Can you come pick up Lilly?

Sent at 2:13pm

I looked at Lilly and she averted her eyes.The nurse was still standing there.

"You still have twenty minutes before we'll have to remove her,"she walked out and I sighed.

"I really... don't want to go home,"I furrowed my eyebrows and she looked up at me with tears in her eyes before she looked away again.There definitely was something wrong.

"Lilly,is someone hurting you?"her eyes  snapped up to mine and she broke down and sobbed into my lap.I placed my hands on her head and patted her head softly.

"She b-burnt me yesterday,"she lifted her head and lifted up her pink shirt.My eyes widened and my mouth fell open.There was an iron burned mark on her stomach.

I felt my eyes water and rage take over me.Who would be capable to hurt such a little child?

"She?"I tried to keep my voice leveled and she nodded.

"My nanny,"I shook my head.If it was her nanny this had to be going on for quite a while.I felt for her so much and I just wanted her to get out of this situation.

"Does your dad know about this?"she shook her head and let go of her shirt.I figured it wouldn't have gotten this far if Javier knew about it.It's quite ironic of me to talk as if I've known him for ages.

I sighed and embraced her in a hug.She didn't deserve to be going through this.

I looked at my phone and saw Javier responded.

Javier

|On my way

Sent at 2:28pm

It was now 2:37.I sighed in relief.I had to tell him about this.If I didn't,this abuse would never stop.

A few minutes passed with Lilly sleeping on my lap.The door burt open and I looked up,surprised.It was Javier panting heavily.

"Did something happen to Lil-"he all but shouted and I held my hand up.

"Javier,take a seat.We don't have much time to talk but this is really important,"