23| Player

Chapter 23: Player (Aria's POV)

We were both just sitting in silence on our respected sides of the bed, waiting for time to speed up. I glanced at the clock. It's only been fifteen minutes since we got here. 

"Have you seen the pool on the rooftop?" 

I turned to him in confusion. "Huh?" 

"The pool on the rooftop. Have you seen it?" 

"No, last time I came here, I didn't get to go to the rooftop," I blurted out, my eyes widening in realization. 

"When was the last time you came here?" he questioned. 

"It was a while ago," I cleared my throat. 

"With who?" 

"Just... someone." 

"Someone special?" he asked, his tone accusing. 

"No, with a friend." 

"Your only friend is Riya." I glared at him. "Sorry, but it's true. Who did you come here with?" 

I fidgeted with my earring, not looking at him. "With my ex-boyfriend," I mumbled. 

"Your... Who was he?" he questioned. 

"Nobody," I huffed. 

"You went out with someone rich and people didn't talk about it?" 

"I didn't go out with someone rich," I sighed, turning to him. "I was eighteen. We snuck into the hotel. He... was a thief like me. He stole someone's key card, there was a couple going out for dinner. And we crashed in the room for a few hours, that's all." 

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Crashed in the room? That's all?" 

"It was my birthday. He brought me to show me the hotel." 

"And he couldn't afford to get a room in it so he just stole one, right?" 

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Right. Because he sincerely wanted that night to be special." 

"He stole just for your birthday? That too a room someone else was staying in?" 

"Yes. And not just because it was my birthday but because he wanted the night to be special," I spat. 

"Why was that night so important if it wasn't your birthday?" 

"Because it was my first!" 

"Your first what?" he smirked. 

"My- Why are we talking about my first, let's talk about yours. I bet she was a princess. Come on, tell me all about her, dear husband." He rolled his eyes in response but I continued. "This is a great idea! Why don't we talk about our exes and all our first times, right?" I asked sarcastically. 

"Well, what happened to your thief of a boyfriend?" 

"He got caught stealing from some mighty rich people. Then the police threw him out of Azura. He can't come here anymore," I mumbled, fidgeting with my fingers in my lap. 

"Would you still be with him if he was here?" 

I shrugged, staring at the blank TV screen. "He took care of me the best he could. Always. Probably, yes." 

He hesitated but asked his next question anyway. "Did you love him?" 

"I don't know. What about you?" 

"Did I love your ex-boyfriend? From what I'm hearing about him, no, I don't love him." 

I rolled my eyes, "Your ex-girlfriend. Did you love her?"