38| Coffee

Chapter 38: Coffee (Alexander's POV)

"Are we really doing this?" I called out, keeping my hand on my eyes. 

"Yes! We really are playing hide and seek. Start counting!" 

Apparently, we're playing hide and seek just how we used to when we were younger. It's the next afternoon now. We haven't got anything to do. So this is what we're doing. 

"One! Two! Three! Four! Five!" I counted to twenty like this. "Ready or not, here I come!" I started walking around in the library, checking each aisle, each corner. 

The only problem is, when we play here, because there isn't anything to hide under or behind, she's allowed to move around as much as she wants. 

"I want something for winning when I find you!" I trailed my hand along the shelves, walking between them. "I want... ten kisses! Counted! Deal?!" I stood in silence, waiting for a noise. But nothing. 

Wow, she's taking this very literally. 

"That's okay! You can confirm when I find you!" I stepped into the last aisle and then heard soft footsteps. Soft but rushed. I turned back around, going into the other aisle, seeing the hem of her dress. By the time I walked over, she was gone. I clicked my tongue, turning around to head back. 

"Boo!" She jumped out at me. 

I got startled, to say the least, and my hand flew up to my chest. 

"You lost," she laughed. 

"Why did you come out? I could have found you," I huffed. 

"Well, you lost. Now you have to go again," she sang. "Count to twenty." 

"Give me twenty kisses first." 

She laughed. "If you win, I'll give you fifty," she whispered. 

"Promise?" 

"Promise," she nodded. 

I sighed, leaning against the shelf and closing my eyes. "One! Two! Three!" Once I finished, I started looking for her again. I strolled through the library and I looked everywhere for her. It was almost like she left the room. The only problem is that she's free to move around. She can go anywhere in the room and the place is giant. If I see her somewhere, she'll be gone by the time I get to her. 

I saw her dress towards the back of the library, but instead of going there, I just waited until she came forward. Hopefully, she thinks I'm coming to the back and she moves to the front. I leaned against the aisle, just waiting to hear her close by. And then I did. I pushed myself off and rounded the corner, grabbing her wrist. "Caught you." 

She laughed, "My turn?" 

"No, my turn." 

She frowned in confusion. 

"To get the fifty kisses you promised." 

"But I was only joking." 

"But you promised," I smirked. 

She whined, stepping closer. I leaned against the aisle, grabbing her waist and pulling her close. 

"Go ahead," I grinned. 

She leaned forward, pecking my cheek. 

"No, no, no," I shook my head. "Not on the cheeks." 

"On the lips?" she huffed. 

I nodded. 

"Fifty is a lot, no?" 

"We kissed more than fifty times last night, I can guarantee that."