30| Own

Chapter 30: Own (Alexander's POV)

"No more ice cream, are you sure? No fourth bowl?" I chuckled. 

"No," she sang. "I never had such a sweet tooth for ice cream until now." 

"I blame the waiter for selling it to you. The way he explained it, anybody would want it." 

"And you only split one bowl with me. How unfortunate. For you," she grinned. 

I smiled, leaning back in my seat. "Waiter!" I called out, raising my hand. 

He walked over. "Yes, sir?" "Thank you so much for the service tonight, everything was great. Can I just get the cheque please," I smiled. 

"Sure," he smiled before walking away. He came back with the bill and handed it to me while picking up the empty ice cream bowl and putting it on the tray. 

"Here, keep the change," I said, handing it to him. 

"Thank you, come again." He headed off one way and we headed to the exit. 

I opened the car door for her and she slipped inside. "Can we go for a walk?" she asked as I pulled up to the hotel. 

"All right," I agreed. Once we got out of the car, I gave it to the valet and we started walking. 

"Isn't it nice out tonight? It's a full moon. Look." She nudged my ribs with her elbow. 

I looked up, seeing the full moon glimmering up in the sky with stars scattered all over the sky. In Azura, you can see every little star. There are no clouds of smoke ruining that. 

"Oh, it looks so pretty," she grinned, stopping in her tracks on the sidewalk, just to stare at the stars. I looked from the stars to her, seeing the same sparkle in her eyes. 

God, I think I'm starting to develop feelings for her. 

I know I didn't really hate her, the dislike turned into like and now that is turning into romantic feelings. If she didn't feel the way she does towards me and she wasn't looking for revenge, I would fall in love with her so fast. 

"Come on." I grabbed her hand, tugging at it. We both looked forward while moving and she instantly crashed into someone that we clearly didn't notice because we were mesmerized. Her, by the stars. Me, by her. 

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry," she chuckled, looking up. 

"It's all right," the guy replied. 

She stared at him with confusion etched onto her face. "Do I know you?" 

He shook his head, avoiding her eyes. "No, I believe you don't," he cleared his throat. He tried walking away but she grabbed his sleeve. "Aria, let go," he said quickly, pushing her hand off. 

"You know my name," she argued, grabbing his sleeve again. 

"Aria, I don't think you should-" I didn't get to finish. 

"Let go!" he exclaimed. 

She did let go but he didn't leave. 

He sighed. 

She stared at him a little longer, trying to decipher who he was. 

"Maybe we should just go," I said. 

"No, wait," she said quickly. "Oh... Mason?" 

He blinked at her. "You remember me?" 

"What kind of question is that? Of course, I remember you!" 

I am so lost. 

"What are you doing back here? I thought you weren't allowed to be in Azura?"