Chapter 18

("Apo" means granddaughter or grandson)
("Parol" is a star shape traditional Christmas decor used in the Philippines. Mostly this was handmade.")
("Adobo" a famous filipino dish.)
————————————————————————

-Elora's POV-

Finally, Home sweet home.

The maids and valets are helping me take my things out of the car. Lola and Lolo were waiting for me in the front door. I ran to them, giving each them a hug and a peck of kiss on their cheeks.

"How is my apo?" Lola asked.

"I'm doing great Lola. I missed you guys so much." I said, cheerfully.

"Come inside now, dear." Lolo said as he motioned his hand inside the house.

We walked inside the house. The house was filled with Christmas decorations. There was a Christmas tree between our double staircase. It was so beautiful and it made me excited for Christmas.

"Elora!" My sister came running down the stairs.

"Analyn!" I ran to her. "I thought you'll be home before the Ball."

"Well, I came home to spend time with you. It was different when you're not in Beauxbatons." She told. "Come on, let's make Parols and hang it on the trees at the garden." She grabbed my hand and headed to the parlor room upstairs.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

My sister and I were sitting on the floor making a Parol.

Parol making is one of my favorite activities in Christmas. We were taught by our Lola on how to make one and it became our tradition every upcoming Christmas day.

"By the way, Analyn, someone likes you in Hogwarts just so you know." I grinned, cutting  a string.

"Oh really." She scoffed. "Who was it then?"

"Probably, you'll meet him at the Ball." I smirked. "I'm invited him."

"Elora!" She threw a pillow at me. I swear I saw her blush or perhaps it was the cold winter causing her cheeks to go red.

Then, we heard a knock on the door, causing us to startle. It opened and there Mama entered. "Dearests, I thought the two of you are resting. And Elora I thought you've already changed your clothes." She crossed her arms on her chest.

"I'm sorry Mama. It was Analyn's fault she dragged me here." I laughed.

"Oh do shut up." She laughed as she threw another pillow at me, but luckily I dodged it.

"Now, now girls. You must rest, we have visitors coming over for dinner. You can continue that tomorrow." Mama told us. "The two of you are going to help cook our specialty, Adobo."

"Ok Mama." We both replied.

"And Elora, please do change your clothes." She looked at me.

"Yes Mama."

Then, Mama left the room.

"Let's clear this up and continue it tomorrow." I said to my sister.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

We finished clearing up our things in the Parlor room.

I headed to my room, marching myself to my closet to take some comfortable clothes. Then, I went to my bathroom.