Nesting Instincts (SBI+Tubbo Fluff)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
the only thing i like as much as raccoon wilbur is pigeon tommy, so here i am making a tommy-based family fluff chapter

also everything with tommy and tubbo is PLATONIC, u heathens
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Tommy's wings flutter and he rolls over in bed, groaning in frustration. He sits up with a sigh, sliding from bed to retrieve the extra blankets he kept in his closet. When he sits back down, the blond arranges the blankets in a way that allows him to lay in it but still encircle him in a comforting way. Tommy nods to himself, but his satisfaction with this makeshift nest runs thin.

Need more things, his bird brain decides, things from flock. Go find flock, take materials for nest.

Tommy blindly follows his avian instincts, wandering down the hall to Wilbur's room. He knocks on the door, his brother emerging after a few moments. The brunet's tail swishes and his eyebrows crinkles, confused.

"Tommy? Why are you up so late?" Wilbur queries, watching as Tommy just stares at him for a second before whispering his answer back.

"It's cold in my room but none of my jumpers are clean, can I borrow one of yours?" Tommy lies smoothly, internally cheering when Wilbur immediately buys it.

"'Course, give me a second."

Wilbur retreats back into his room, and Tommy has to restrain himself from running after him and snatching up his blankets and clothes for his nest. His brother returns after only a minute, though, and Tommy almost chirps with happiness when Wilbur hands over the worn yellow sweater he'd asked for as well as another plain black pullover.

"It's for Tubbo, I don't want him to be cold either," Wilbur explains when Tommy gives a questioning look. "Goodnight Tommy."

"Thank you! Night Wil!"

Wilbur's door shuts behind him, and Tommy's next stop is Techno. Now, Techno isn't quite as easy to fool as Wilbur, but thankfully he's out on his potato farm so it's easy enough for the young avian to steal all of the bedding from off the bed and even one of his traditional cloaks he had tucked in the closet. Even having been put away for so long, it smells like Techno.

Tommy does allow himself a small chirp of victory here, content with his haul so far. The last room on his list is Dad's, and again is rather easy to sneak into - Phil sleeps heavier than a dead body. When it's all said and done, Tommy has accumulated two of Wilbur's jumpers, Techno's bedding and cloak, and Phil's green kimono (a/n: idk what to call it so that's what im goin with).

He drags everything back to his bedroom, taking almost ten minutes to arrange everything how he wants it. Almost halfway through, Tommy decides to tear the whole thing apart just to rebuild it from the bottom up. By time he'd finished, the blond had also found Tubbo's day clothes on the floor and added them as well. Still, there's something vital missing. Tommy turns to see Tubbo sleeping on an air mattress, snoring quietly.

Put flock in nest, family family nest now.

Tommy poked his friend's cheek, pulling him into first a sitting and then a standing position. Tubbo groans, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "Tommy? What are you doing?"

Tommy just twitters softly, pulling Tubbo and Tubbo's bee plush to the bed and pushing the brunet into the nest. As an afterthought, the avian also retrieves the sheet and comforter on the air mattress. He then crawls into the nest, curling his gray and black wings around Tubbo and pulling them so close their cheeks touched. The brunet yawns, snuggling up against Tommy sleepily. (a/n: it's platonic, you muffins. don't be weird >:/)

Tommy trills quietly, a sound he and Phil make often and one that Tubbo recognized. It means "I love you", reserved for only your closest family; it's not something to be thrown around lightly. The brunet smiles tiredly, replicating the noise as well as he could. He sort of sounds like a strangled cat, but Tommy doesn't care.

He's happy, and that's all that mattered.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
yo homie cuddles are the BOMB

i never get any cuddles anymore bc like pandemic but they're still dope

if u can cuddle with ur homies, that means ur really friends

(723 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>