Icarus, Pt. 2 (Phil Angst, i think)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
⚠️warning!! this story involves/mentions suicide, manipulation, some gore/visceral images, some panic n other sad stuff!! read with caution!!⚠️

so this takes place during the second half of the last part, when Tommy has his own breakdown thing

cool? ok, cool

also my ADD is acting up a lot so if the writing seems scattered, it's probably because i'm getting distracted a lot

ok now time for sad shit :D
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Phil always had this instinct; whether parental or not, part of his avian heritage, or something else entirely, he always knew when something dangerous was happening. But, he also knew that it could be wrong, so often times Phil just ignored it.

There isn't a day that goes by where Phil hadn't wished he'd listened to his instincts the day that Dream came to his door, seemingly sincere sadness plastered on his face.

"Hello, Dream. What are you doing here?" Phil asked, unnerved by the grimace the other blond held.

"Hi, Philza," Dream greeted back, voice solemn and almost monotone. "I came because...well, something happened to Tommy."

Phil froze. The two parts of his brain began to scream back and forth, his rational human brain saying Tommy is okay! Dream wouldn't let anything happen to him. and his instinct avian brain shouting back with PANIC FLEDGLING IN TROUBLE PANIC PANIC GO HELP FLOCK IN DANGER. Phil shook his head to clear the thoughts, although it didn't really work.

"What's happened?" he finally managed, trying to hold the nervousness from his voice. Still, it trembled slightly. "Is Tommy okay?"

"Phil...I'd left to deal with some business here, in Manberg, and while I was gone..." Dream paused, hesitant to continuing. A tenseness settled in the avian's body, filling every pore of his skin and setting his nerves on fire. Whether it was Dream's almost smirk or the message he relayed, Phil couldn't tell.

"Tommy...he went into the Nether and he- he threw himself into the lava."

A startled gasp flew from Phil's lips before he could even stop it, shaking hands coming up to cover his mouth. Dream pat his shoulder in 'comfort', but Phil barely registered it as he fell further and further into his thoughts.

No. No no no no nonononononono no. I can't loose another one, Tommy can't be d- gone, he's not gone.

"It's hard to carry, I know," Dream consoled him, supposedly wiping a tear away from under his mask. "I don't know how I'll manage without him."

"Ye-Yeah, me...me neither," Phil choked out, gritting his teeth painfully as to not break down right then and there. He brushed Dream's hand from his shoulder. "Thanks, for, um, telling me...s-see you around."

"Yep! Bye, Phil," Dream waved as he walked away, seemingly cheerful again. Phil shut the door behind him, and finally let slid his tears, coupled with a few soft sobs.

His Tommy - his youngest son, his tiny little fledgling - was gone. Forever. No more fights between him and his brothers, no more of him calling Tubbo clingy, no more of his occasional overly-tight hugs or joyful laughter. All of it, gone in six words. Memories of Tommy flit through his brain, everything from his first time flying to his exile by Schlatt.

Phil's brain then twisted the memories of his smiling, happy son into disgusting, visceral images that made the avian gag. They were still Tommy, but he'd truly been through hell and back; bloodshot eyes crying oily black tears, skin bubbling and crispy, jaw half-exposed by his melting face. His beautifully patterened wings were gone, merely a skeletal outline of what they once were.

"You let me die," Fake Tommy gurgled, dark, oily blood dribbling down his chin as he spoke. "Why didn't you help me, Phil?"

"I-I didn't know, I'm- I'm s-so so-orry," Phil cried, hands finding his hair and pulling on it gently. "I'm so f-ucking sorry, T-Tommy-"

"But I'm still dead, Phil. You did nothing and I'm dead. Why didn't you help me, Dad?"

The pure desperation that soaked "Tommy"'s raspy, broken voice only made Phil feel worse, if that was possible. Here he was, a fully capable adult hybrid, his youngest son be dead and not being able to do anything about it at all. Phil dissolved further into sobs as the dead TommyInnit just watched, staring at the man at his feet with forever unseeing eyes.

But forever wasn't quite as long as Phil thought.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
oOoOoOo dramatic

sorry if the description of tommy at the end was a little too gross, but i have no where else to put all of my horror/gore writing stuff so here seemed appropriate

also it took me like three or four days to write just this chapter because i couldn't focus on it long enough. sorry, i wish i could say it was the last time (but it became a past time (ok i'll stop-))

(830 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>