Icarus, Pt. 3 (SBI Family Hurt/Comfort)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
⚠️warning!! this story involves/mentions emotional manipulation, some blood, vomit, suicide n other sad stuff!! read with caution!!⚠️

tbh this is just fluff with crying and a few mentions of medical stuff, it's not as bad as the triggers might make it seem

also soft techno is adorable and i will fight you on that
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
When Phil woke up the next morning, the only dreadful thought that lingered in his mind was 'fuck, I have to tell Techno.' Shakily, he stood, groaning as his bones and joints popped. To start, Phil just slowly dragged his feet as he walked, but to speed up the process of getting to Snowchester, he finally decided to jog the rest of the way there. Phil knew it would've been faster to fly, but...

He just couldn't bring himself to do it, he just couldn't. Not when Tommy was...you know.

Panting breaths came out in puffy wisps, and Phil had to take a moment before knocking on Techno's door - both to catch his breath, and to calm his nerves. No answer came for a little while, almost five minutes at least. When Techno finally answered the door, he seemed frazzled, half-moon glasses askew on his face and pink hair sticking out in any direction possible. To see his eldest son in such disarray...Phil found it unnerving, to say the least.

"H-Hello, Techno," the avian cringed as his voice cracked from having cried for so long. "There's something we need to talk about, can I come in?"

"Actually, Phil, this is really not a good time-"

"S-Something happened, to Tommy."

Techno raised an eyebrow, watching Phil's wings flutter nervously behind him. A thud then came from inside the house, and the piglin-hybird cursed under his breath, leaving the door open as he retreated back into the house. Phil followed after him, leaning in the door frame of the room Techno now stood in. The pink-haired man fussed over someone in a bed, their colorless blond hair stringy and matted to their skull.

"I told you not to get up," Techno lightly scolded the small-looking boy, shaking his head. "You'll ruin your stitches. Those took a long time, you know."

"'M sorry..." the blond whispered, pulling the blankets up and around his shoulders. "But I heard voices 'nd I needed to know if it was...him."

"I know, Toms," Techno sighed, "It's fine, just be more careful next time, alright?"

Techno ruffled the other's hair gently, and Phil blinked in surprise. The piglin-hybrid was never this gentle, much less to Tommy. Wait...Tommy? Phil actually gasped this time, and both boys looked up at him with matching head tilts. Now that Techno wasn't leant over him, Phil could clearly see the flat blue eyes and small scar just under the eye - features that certainly belonged to his youngest son.

Phil's hands shook, but no tears fell this time - there were simply none left for him to have. Instead, he stepped forward when Techno beckoned him, eyes fixed on Tommy's pale face and bony shoulders. The comforter didn't reach his back, showing the stained bandages that covered most - if not all - of Tommy's back. The crucial detail was that the bandages went all the way up, over where the teen's wings normally stuck through his skin. But they weren't there.

Where were Tommy's wings?

The thought almost made Phil vomit. His Tommy, the boy he'd adopted, only a child and barely even a man, no matter his protests - and his wings were already gone. Forever. Techno, sensing Phil's distress, put a hand on his shoulder and plastering a smile on his face.

"Can you go back to bed for me, Toms?" He asked Tommy, getting only a nod from the teen.

The blond then turned and laid on his stomach, showing that his entire spine was visible against his skin. Bile raised in Phil's throat, and Techno ushered him from the room and closed the door behind them. Leaning heavily on the wall, the avian took a shaky breath.

"W-What happened?" Phil rasped, tears finally beginning to bubble up in his lashes. Techno grabbed his wrist gently, pulling the avian to the kitchen as he spoke.

"I'm sure you heard about Tommy's suicide, Dream even came to tell me himself, but something about that didn't seem right to me. Tommy...he's stronger than that, even with whatever shit Dream did to him."

Techno pushed Phil into a chair at the kitchen table, mindful of his wings as he did so. In accordance with his son's last statement, Phil hummed in agreement; he'd never tell them, but he'd always known that Tommy was the bravest of their family, even if a bit mislead. The fact that he was sixteen and had lived through several wars, seen the deaths of dozens of people, lost everything he'd been working towards - well, the fact that they didn't have to lock him in a padded cell was a miracle.

"I needed to know for myself if he was really...long-story short, I broke into the green bastard's house and found Tommy bleeding out on the ground, and his wings-"

Techno took a sharp inhale, which Phil took as a worst case scenario. The avian ran a hand up his son's arm and gave a comforting smile, although it was a bit shaky. A minuscule smile slid onto Techno's face, but it dropped fairly fast.

"His wings were pinned to the wall, like a trophy."

The bile returned, and Phil couldn't stop it this time as it came up. As he emptied his stomach into the sink, Techno rubbed his back, sighing softly. Considering his reaction to seeing the damage, Techno didn't think Phil's stomach would hold - although he really hoped it would. His house would smell like vomit for a while now, which wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing.

When Phil finally finished losing his insides, Techno handed him a glass of water. The blond avian accepted it, using it to first rinse his mouth out and then rehydrate himself. The next thing shoved into his hands was a sleeve of crackers, which Phil nibbled on as Techno began to talk.

"Other than his wings being...gone, he has bruises all over and a few broken ribs, plus scars all over from- burns, maybe? Mostly on his legs, a couple on his hands too...no idea where they could've come from."

"Has he told you anything?"

Phil's voice came out delicate, as fragile as glass and raspy from throwing up. Techno responded with just a shake of the head and leant back against the wall, sighing again and tipping his head back. The two sat in a stifling silence for longer than either would like to admit, with a silent agreement filling the void between them.

They were going to protect Tommy to their dying breath.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
oof this took waaaaay too long

im sorry, i wasn't really feeling good physically or mentally so i had to take a bit of a break :/

but im better now (i think) and im writing a bit more now

so ye! fundy fluff is actually coming next, no fake out this time

(edit: i lied it's not fluff (nor is it Fundy lol))

(1219 words)
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>