-Chapter 16-

ARI'S POINT OF VIEW

"Here is your ticket, Ari and here is a bag I packed you. It has all you need inside it and here's some cash."

"Where am I going?"

"I've booked you a flight to the human world. I know it doesn't sound like a place a she wolf would want to be but it'll be a safe escape for you."
Stella smiled at me and whispered a bye before walking away.

"Wait! Stella, thank you."

"What?"

"Thank you. For all your help. I'll never forget your support." She weakly grimaced and walked back towards her car.

I was at the airport and about to leave the only place I've ever known and called home. Here's to a better future for me and my pup.
As it ironically turns out, the flights had all been cancelled due to a plan that had crashed upon landing and since there were only two runways, the plan ended up skidding towards the second runway.

Private jets and planes were still going but as for the normal airlines- all flights had been cancelled.

The urge to vomit was strong so I had to practically teleport myself to the toilet and then puke my guts out. After I had finished hurling my insides out, I used the mouthwash Stella had put in a little pouch labelled toiletries and thoroughly rinsed my mouth. Then I cried. Bawled my eyes out because I had no idea what to do.

Stella had taken me to the airport an hour or two after I left Dmitri's house and since then I've been here. What if someone came looking for me? No. Why would they? Hopefully they haven't even realised my disappearance yet. I can't risk anyone finding me because then I'd never be able to leave.

On the way I had written a short letter to my parents and Knox and a separate one for Mia. This wasn't the way I had planned for things to happen but I'd rather raise my child away from a place where they're rejected. Back at the pack I could avoid Dmitri as much as I wanted but him not seeing me and my pup was inevitable. And I didn't want to deal with Lena's heartbroken whimpers. She's stopped talking to Hayden now and I know how much it's hurting her. She hasn't spoken to me in a while but I can still feel her presence so she's alerting me that she is there.

A soothing hand rubbed over my back and I stilled in surprise.

"Aww don't cry amore! What's wrong?"
The kind stranger questioned and my gut instinct was to trust her.

"I-I need to get away from this place."

I hadn't yet met anyone who would be willing enough to hear my story, but this stranger was beyond compliant. She held my hand throughout the entirety of me telling my story and hugged me at the end. Apparently she had been through the same thing with her mate a while back but the difference is that he ended up realising what his mistake was and Gigi made him work for her apology.

At the moment I was sat next to her in the more or less now empty waiting room. The rush and masses of people waiting for flights had long left the airport grumbling at the disorganisation of the airport and airlines for the aeroplane on the runway had still not been cleared. Gigi's mate was going to take their private jet- it was in a hanger a short distance from here.