-Chapter 22-

"Ari those weren't maids." Gigi's aghast expression was the stuff of nightmares. The sheer terror painted on her face froze me to my core.

"What? Are you sure? They were dressed as maids though?"

"None of the maids look like that. They're all above middle aged and come to think of it, none of them have blonde hair."

"Maybe Alpha Balaj hired new maids?" I suggested.

"We need to go and tell Balaj. Could you please make sure the windows and doors of the first floor rooms are locked, I'm going to go and find Balaj so that we can trace down Anaxi. Once you're done, we'll all meet up downstairs in the living room."

"Gigi, calm down. We'll find him."
I tried to console a near sobbing Gigi. I could tell it wouldn't take much for her to begin to cry, and she had every reason to do so. Anaxi had just been taken for reasons only the Goddess probably knows, and we've no clue where they've taken him or who has taken him.

Gigi took a deep breath in, and placed her hands on my shoulders.
"We'll find him. We're going to get my baby back." She spoke, confidence oozing out of her words. It was these qualities of hers that really pieced her together as a Luna. She managed to pull herself together at times when it was confusing to understand what should happen next.

With that, she ran down the corridor, off to Balaj's office where he likely was. I did as told, I shut all of the doors and the windows of all of the many rooms in the first floor. After that, I started going downstairs into the living room as Gigi had instructed. On the way down, I spotted an anxious Gigi, walking down the grand staircase by herself.

"Ari I don't know where Balaj is! Have you seen him?"

Ironically, by the time we both made it down the stairs, Balaj walked out of the kitchen, munching on an apple.

"Why are we so flustered today?" He smirked and winked at Gigi.

"Anaxi! Has! Gone! Missing! Are you're really trying to flirt with me right now??"

"What?! When? Who??" Balaj finally caught up to the fact that something bad had happened.

"The rogue alarm blared and some maids took him from Ariana."

"What rogue alarm?"

"Ari please explain!"

"I was downstairs, playing with Anaxi, when some rogue alarm began blaring. There were about four maids who took Anaxi from me and tried taking me into some shelter?"

Balaj pinched the bridge of his nose in anger and annoyance.

"Gigi I thought you had given your friend here a tour of the house? There is no shelter. As for the rogue alarm, today was a standard check for the system. I had it recently updated and today was the test run of it. But do you seriously not remember Gigi giving you a tour of the house?"

"Ugh stop playing the blame game, Balaj, now is not the time." Spoke Gigi, frustrated and exasperated and I was glad she wasn't blaming me like Balaj. I had genuinely thought that those were maids.

"Okay okay, just hurry up and describe the women, I've mind linked my Beta to close the pack borders, they can't get far."

"Maid uniforms, two had blonde hair and the others had black hair, and all of them had green eyes."

"Well suck me sideways. Butter my buns and call me a biscuit. Put wheels on me and call me a bicycle. Give me-"

"Balaj?! Have you any idea how terrible this is?? Wake up!! We've lost Anaxi!"