-Chapter 20-

Stella was waiting at the dark and somewhat creepy clearing. It was lit only by moonlight and that made it a tiny bit majestic but mostly scary. Before leaving she had kept her distance from Mia, who was going crazy trying to figure out where Ariana was, going as far as to set up a whole map of the town, even pinpointing locations and people. Stella was shocked, even, at her younger sister's dire need to find her friend. Surely Ariana wasn't that special.

Regardless of her work in trying to find her best friend, all of Mia's efforts would go to no avail. Ariana was long gone by now. Stella had won this battle. Maybe if Dmitri stopped searching for that ugly idiot, Stella and Dmitri could finally be together. It is in Stellas true nature to be a Luna and no one could take that right from her.

What Stella couldn't stop thinking about, however, was about who would turn up at the clearing. Who was plotting against Ariana and why? Of course Stella had helped her leave but that was mainly due to her own jealousy and envy and greed. She couldn't bear seeing another person be the limelight in the lives of so many people. Ariana had no idea how many people she influenced with her foolish kindness and selflessness. It was rather humiliating, for Stella especially, to see most, if not all, of her fellow pack members dote after Ariana. She wasn't special.

Anyways, it was time for Stella to stop wasting her time thinking about that b!tch Ariana, she was gone by now and that's how things will remain.

"When Anthony first told me to go and sabotage that helpless girls mate, I was glad to see his mate was also on my side. He wanted nothing to do with her, that must hurt." The voice of a young woman, dressed in a navy blue pant suit, scared an uneasy Stella, for she couldn't pinpoint the location of this person, whoever it was and wherever they were speaking from.

"Who are you? Where are you speaking from?" Questioned a confused Stella, looking from side to side but not finding an answer.

The unknown woman stepped out of the bushes and into the path of some pale, dusky moonlight.
"I'm Megan." She had wavy blonde hair, immaculate green eyes, a pointed nose, tightly pressed lips, and was dressed in an expensive looking navy blue coloured pant suit.

"I'm Ste-"

"I know who you are, Stella."

"How? And what do you want from me?"

"There's nothing more we want from you."

"We?"

"Oh my bad. I should've clarified, this is an operation that me and Anthony are running. We cannot disclose the exact reason for it but we can applaud you for your help."

"What help? And why can't you tell me?"

"You aided us in something we needed urgent help in; getting rid of Ariana. And we can't tell you because classified means classified."

"So why did you call me? And what's the point of this meeting if you're not about to tell me what you had against Ariana?"

"You're slow. It's not cute. As I've said at least a billion times by now, this was to praise and reward your efforts. Speaking of rewards, what would you like?" Megan's rude words astonished Stella who was always used to being the top dog. It felt strange for her to be cussed around by some Megan.

"I don't really need anything."

"Oh come on now. Don't pull this saint act on me, we both know how greedy you are." Chuckled Megan, the moonlight bouncing off her pointed features and making her seem even more evil.