-Chapter 27-

I stared at a sleeping Elora. She's honestly the best thing to have ever happened to me, and I will never be tired of remembering that fact. It's funny how my life was so dull before her and it seemed like nothing would ever be okay again. Yet now I can never imagine my life without her.

"Elora's napping? Already?" Asked my mum, her eyes, as always, holding adoration for Elora.

"Yep, the grocery store really tired her out." I chuckled, leading mum out of my old room, where Elora was napping away.

Dinner was all set out for us, courtesy of mum and Knox but I wasn't here for much longer.

After I'd driven home I had made Elora her lunch and put her down for a nap. I had the menial but tiresome task of packing our bags. We'd leave after dinner hopefully. As much as it will pain me, I've decided not to say goodbyes to everyone or to mention that I'm leaving. It'll only make it harder on me to leave. And who knows that they won't just easily stop me from leaving.

*****
It had been a good hour or two past midnight and everyone was asleep- to avoid anyone waking up I had crushed in sleeping pills made for werewolf in the drinks everyone had. I couldn't afford anyone being awake so I did what I had to.

All my luggage was silently placed into the car by myself. Luckily  the car was parked in the garage- away from the prying eyes of the woods. Now all I had to do was place Elora in her seat and finish buckling her in. Once that was done, my eyes drank in the comforting feeling of my own home. I paid my parents one last visit for the time being before slowly stepping away.

Home is a weird concept. It's not a mere building, rather a feeling. Home is people you love and no matter how many times you leave home, your love for those people does not leave.

I drove away into the darkness of the early winter morning, not knowing when I'd be back or even if I'd ever be back. Since I hadn't had sufficient time to plan this sudden departure- I wasn't able to book any flights for the two of us so this meant driving how ever many hours it would take me to get back to the human world. It's obviously my luck that the car was low on petrol. I should've filled the tank earlier but I was too busy overthinking the entire scene at the grocery store.

*****
The petrol station was eerily empty, completely devoid of life. There wasn't even an attendant present which meant I'd either have to drop the cash off in the little box thingy or pay by card.

"Luna? What are you doing? At this hour? What's in the car? Are you gonna leave the town? Does the Al-"
Great. The town crazy woman. Just what I needed.

Instead of replying to her, I silently got back in my car and began to drive away from the petrol station. I made it to the motorway, thankfully. For a good mile or two it was just my car on the road and no checkpoint for miles which meant that the crazy lady hadn't yet snitched on me. Shit- I spoke too soon- right ahead of me was a checkpoint with a good four to five werewolves from Dmitri's pack standing, one of them was barking away into his walkie talkie. 

There have been way too many sacrifices that I have made for my Elora and I will for the rest of my life continue making these sacrifices. With that thought in mind, I swerved my car around, narrowly just missing the barriers. I've not come this far just to let my destiny fall right out my hands- to just let me and Elora's future slip right through my fingers.

I was seconds away from merging back off the motorway when around ten different black cars literally came out of nowhere blocked my car. Shit. So much for that action filled pep talk.

Every potential exit I could take was blocked by black Chryslers. The car in front of me, however, was a black G-wagon. Lena began singing the lyric; 'pull up g-wag 63' but I shut her up before she could continue. I could only defeatedly look on, as a woman, who was clad in a black leather coat and skirt with a silk white blouse and jet black shades, stepped out of one of the Chryslers and spoke to the driver of the G-wagon. I couldn't really see who was in the car or hear what she was saying, but I did see her being handed a phone. She nodded to whatever the person on the phone said and began walking my way.