chapter thirteen.

Rubber band

Rubber band

CATALINA AND KAI BOTH BEGAN TO TRUDGE through the woods. The Santos girl lied and told her "friends" Damon and Bonnie that she wanted some alone time to think. She knew deep down that going on a walk with Kai would mean anything but thinking, he would just be talking a whole lot.

"Are you going to tell me what the hell we are doing out here or do I have to take guess?" Cat asked curiously.

"You'll see." Kai smirked mischievously as they approached a clearing that had a basket full of snacks and a blanket set up.

"A picnic?" Catalina furrowed her brows, confused by what was happening. This was way too sweet for Kai to do for no reason, there must've been something he wanted.

"It's a celebration." The Parker man clapped his hands together and ran over to the blanket on the ground excitedly.

"Celebration? What are we celebrating? A month of you stalking me?" Cat sat next to him and scoffed, shaking her head.

"I was not stalking, it was research." Kai rolled his eyes. "We  are celebrating because I found the way out and we are going to kill my family together."

"Seriously? You aren't messing around? Please tell me this is real." A tear started to form in the cover of Cat's eye but she pushed it away, trying not to seem week.

"Would I ever lie to you?" The Parker man asked unconvincingly, the answer was quite obvious here.

"Yes." Catalina nodded her head in response to his question, "yes you would."

"Fine, I would but this is totally, 100% the truth." Kai smiled. "Can I interest you in some Zima, its delicious this time of year."

"Duh." Cat looked at the Parker man one more time. "We are really getting out of here? No lies?"

"No lies." He nodded his head and was caught off guard when the Santos girl threw her arms around him and caught him in a huge bear hug. It felt, nice? He couldn't really describe it at all.

"God, I love you." Catalina spat out accidentally, placing her hand over her mouth and backing away as soon as she heard it out loud.

It was a spur of the moment accident, one she regretted.

"You what?" Kai knitted his brows together, never hearing those words directed at him before, ever.

"I said that I love soup, did you bring any?" Cat replied, trying to deflect from her obvious confession. "My favorite is chicken noodle."

"That's not what you said." The Parker man started to look Catalina up and down, not knowing what to do. He had no idea how to process emotion, or accept the emotions of others.

"Yeah it is." The Santos girl awkwardly looked around the area. "This is a really nice tree we are under, it has lots of shade and the leaves are a pretty gre—"