chapter two.

Bicker

Bicker

CATALINA ROLLED HER EYES SLIGHTLY AS Kai walked into the kitchen, completely interrupting her quiet time. It had been two weeks since they met, and while having someone in a world with no other people was nice at times, she just needed moments here and there alone.

Especially to escape his constant blathering about getting out of there so he could kill his family.

"Coffee?" The Parker man questioned with a smile, as if he knew he was getting on her nerves already.

"Yeah, that's why I made it this morning." Catalina replied dryly, rolling her eyes.

"Okay, Grinch. I'm assuming you want it black." Kai carefully poured coffee into a large mug he got off the counter, seeing his vampire friend swinging her legs back and forth annoyedly.

"Aw, you pay attention. How cute, Malachai." Cat was now the one grinning as she reached forward, ruining the witch's hair with the flick of her hand.

"Let's not touch my hair." The Parker man glared in her direction, his eyes turning dark, darker than usual at least.

Catalina however, wasn't the least bit phased and repeated the motion.

"Why do you never listen?" Kai sighed for a moment before accidentally dropping the hot cup of coffee right into the vampires lap. "Oops."

"You are such an asshole!" Cat immediately jumped forward and off the counter, the burning sensation on her legs disappearing after a few moments.

"I told you not to touch my hair." The witch replied plainly, shrugging his shoulders lightly before reaching for his bag of pork grinds.

As he opened the bag, the Santos woman wanted nothing more than to kill him where he stood. She took in a sharp breath and relaxed though, knowing that she needed him to escape. They needed each other to get out of there, weather they liked it or not.

"Well I did anyways." Cat reached forward, slapping the bag of salty snacks on the ground.

"You just wasted a couple of perfectly good pork grinds!" Kai screamed in defense, his eyes wide with anger.

"It just kind of baffles me you can get so angry over something like that, but, you wouldn't even blink if a puppy died in front of you." Catalina concluded, studying the man across from her.

Sure, she had no problem with people dying but house pets? She tended to draw the line there.

"I might pout if it's a cute puppy, not one of those ones with the scrunched up faces." Kai bent down and picked up the bag, making his way to the exit of the kitchen. "Ready to stop talking about feelings? We've got work to do."

Cat cursed lightly under her breath as she followed him out of the room. The pair made their way to the living room where, dozens of books were laid out with their pages exposed and worn. They had been searching endlessly for a way to get out of the prison world, naturally but, nothing was coming up.