chapter fifteen.

I hate you, I love you

CATALINA STARED DEEPLY AT THE FIRE BEFORE her as Kai silently watched. It was odd for the two of them to not speak because honestly, they did it a lot but, the Santos girl feared that if she did, her and Kai would seem too familiar. That was the last thing that they needed.

"This is getting boring Kitty Cat." The Parker man smirked. "Can I talk now? Or will your boyfriend get angry?"

"Do you ever get less obnoxious?" The Santos woman rolled her eyes.

"Me?" Kai gasped dramatically. "Never."

Catalina glanced around the room and then used her vampire hearing in order to listen around the house. Fortunately, both Damon and Bonnie were snoring and fast asleep. Her straight face quickly turned into a smile too as she glanced at the brunette man before her.

"We actually did it, we are going to get out of here." The Santos girl basically had to contain a squeal as she put her hands up happily. "Then I can help you kill that bitch of a family of yours and then.."

After that, Cat had absolutely no plans after her promise to Kai. Her life was never meaningful or happy, there was nothing for her to go back to. Well, nothing but a job that never made her happy, no friends, and endless temptation to feed on someone.

"Then what?" The Parker boy was curious as to what she'd do when they weren't forced together, he didn't exactly want her to stay with him but didn't want her to leave either.

"I uh, I don't know." Catalina cleared her throat. "Be quiet, I think Damon is waking up."

That was a complete lie but suddenly, the Santos girl didn't want to speak anymore. She realized that she had an eternity of nothing ahead of her...

and that was not a good thing.

  IN USUAL KAI FASHION HE WAS TALKING everyones ear off like crazy. None of his thoughts were really that coherent, and he jumped from topic to  topic freely. If Cat didn't feel the way she did about him, she knew this would be driving her absolutely insane.

"I broke into the oval office and took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK. But then I was like wait how am I gonna get these photos developed—"  Kai was immediately cut off my Damon, as Cat started to think how hot he would look in a suit.

"Oh my god, just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of the twilight zone?" The Salvatore man asked impatiently from the couch.

"Boys are so annoying." Catalina began to drown out the conversation, twirling her daylight ring around her finger.

Bonnie came in shortly after, holding the items that Kai had previously asked for.

"I found everything you asked for, a can opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocket knife, volume O of the encyclopedia, a nail, and a black marker." The Bennett witch dumped it all on the table. "Now what?"