chapter seventeen.

Dilemma

Dilemma

  DAMON HAD NOW EXPLAINED TO THE GROUP WHY he truly believed this was his prison world instead of Kai's. Apparently, around fifteen years ago, he came to Mystic Falls to mess with Stefan. In the crosshairs of the whole thing, he ended up killing a woman, pregnant with one of the only remaining human Salvatore's.

He supposedly felt so guilty he couldn't even look at his family member, Zach without thinking about it.

"Let me get this straight, you felt relief to kill the guy, even though you're the one who killed his family?" Cat asked with a raised brow, placing her hand on her forehead.

Deep down, she kinda commended his selfishness but for now, putting on a front for the witch was the main target.

"Come on, let's just go home." Damon insisted, pushing himself away from the couch.

"You wanna go with your friends, I wanna go back and give the Gemini coven an excruciating death, win, win." Kai commented with a shrug, smugly feeling the victory that was getting Damon to admit what he had done fully.

"Guys, just... give her some space." Though she was heavily manipulating and using her, Catalina had grown somewhat of a soft spot for Bonnie Bennett. She was kind, strong, powerful without realizing it.

The Santos woman really admired that.

"I gotta get back... not just for Elena but, for my brother.." Damon's eyes were practically pleading, the man making his way toward the witch as he stared into her eyes.

Catalina, for once, could not gauge how this situation would turn out. Bonnie Bennett was a morally driven person, one who usually stuck to her gut on these types of things. However, right now, things were entirely different.

Would she risk bringing a serial killer, and pregnant lady killer back to the real world just for some odd friendship she formed with Damon simply because they believed they were the only people in this world?

"I'm... i'm sorry... Damon." The witch uttered out, looking towards her feet.

Looks like she wasn't willing to risk it, not yet.

"Sorry doesn't cut it for me." Kai stepped forward to approach Bonnie, and Damon immediately jumped to her rescue, pinning him against the wall.

"We might be having a bit of a disagreement but don't you ever lay a hand on her." The Salvatore man insisted.

Catalina wondered, really wondered, if Kai would do the same, or worse for her in similar circumstances.

"Well, that's not a problem for now. We missed the days eclipse. Raincheck for tomorrow?" The Parker man asked with his charming smile.

"No." Bonnie denied it, followed by walking away from the situation, leaving the remaining three to look at each other puzzled.

Catalina was feeling their plan crumbling, and she didn't really like it too much. With her ever dwindling relationship with Kai, she needed to help kill his family to gain his favor again. If they couldn't get out, they couldn't kill his family.