prologue.

Introducing

Introducing...

  CATALINA SANTOS GREW UP IN FOSTER CARE her entire life. She was thrown around, beaten, and abused more times than she could count. She never found a permanent home and was tossed from place to place never knowing if anyone really loved her and oh how she craved love, any type of love really.

As soon as she turned 18 she moved to Portland with no idea why, the city was just calling her name. She had no money at all, no family, no friends ,in this world that spun round and round she was nobody. Easy prey for the monsters lurking in the shadows.

So she could get enough money to be able to afford rent, she was forced to become a stripper. Not that she minded, she knew she was beautiful and the tips were pretty great. One night though, a mysterious man asked for her specifically and she was instructed to dance for him in one of the private rooms.

She did as her manager told her and she was shocked by how gorgeous he was. His eyes were a beautiful shade of forrest green and his hair was perfectly shaped. His clothes were very plain yet expensive so she knew she needed to do her best.

As she started her dance however, the man walked over to her and fed her his blood. She wanted money but, she was not into whatever freaky shit he was and pushed him away. She tried to exit the room as quickly as possible and alert the bouncer but, he pulled her back and with the flick of his wrist, he snapped her neck.

When she woke up she was no longer in the club but, in the middle of a busy street and she was hungry, hungrier than she had ever been and not for food but, for blood. People glanced at her oddly as she stood up from the ground. Her hair was a complete mess and there was blood stains covering her once white top.

Everything around her was so obnoxiously loud she felt like she couldn't breathe. As every person passed, she could hear their pulses racing and she wanted nothing more than to make it stop. She spotted a young teenage girl walking into an alleyway and Catalina's instincts kicked in. She followed the teen into the alley and greeted her sweetly.

"Hi, you seem a little lost.." she wiped the blood away from her bottom lip with a menacing smile. "Can I help you?"

"N-no..." the girl stuttered out. It was obvious Cat's appearance scared the teen tremendously and rightfully so.

"I think you can help me." Catalina spoke lightly as stepped closer to the young girl.

"I probably can't..." she girl cleared her throat, trying to back away towards a safer area.

"Of course you can." Cat sped towards the girl and sunk her teeth right into the teens neck. The way she felt was almost euphoric and she wanted more. She kept feeding until there was nothing left to drink, absolutely nothing.

That was her first ever kill.

She still had this insatiable hunger and killed three other people that night. All innocents ready to get back to their family or friends. All thinking they'd be home safe in bed instead of dead in some alleyway. Unfortunately, they were also horribly wrong.

Catalina kept feeding her way through Portland for two years. She was never caught of course but the girl was reckless. Nobody taught her how to control her urges so they could not be tamed, she could not be tamed.

On a night similar to the one she was turned, Catalina spotted a young blonde pair who was about 17 or 18 years old. They were walking together and Cat trailed behind them stalking her next meal. Once she attacked, a sharp and fiery pain spread throughout her body. A few witches began to chant spells around her and her whole body felt numb.

"Mystic falls." she heard someone say. Mystic Falls, she knew she would have to remember that name.

In the blink of an eye, she was back on the streets of Portland but, the witches were gone. Actually, she looked around and everyone was gone. What was going on?

"Mystic falls." she remembered, it was all she could remember. She wandered around the empty streets for hours until she finally accepted nobody was around. It wasn't like she talked to anyone anyways but, it would be nice to see a few faces, especially since she was starving. She tried going back to her apartment but, none of her things were there, not a single item was hers.

Catalina decided wherever Mystic Falls was she was going to go. The name of the town rang in her head over and over again. She stole a few things from various shops, stopped by a car dealership and stole a Mercedes, and was on her merry way. She didn't know what type of Mercedes she just knew it looked pretty and it was red, a red Mercedes?

What more could a girl want?

The car ride there was filled with hours of her playing random CD's she found along the way. It struck Cat as odd they were all tracks from when she was very young but, she knew every single word anyways. The Santos woman was having a karaoke party all by herself.

When she reached Mystic Falls, the town was yet again deserted, just like the rest of the world seemed to be. Catalina stopped the car and started punching it, she felt absolutely defeated. The girl began to cry her eyes out, not  because she was sad but because she was angry and was hungry beyond belief. She needed blood from the vein before she freaked out.

Cat decided to start walking around town. Wishing and hoping she could find something, someone. There was nothing yet, but, she had the strangest feeling that she was being watched. She ignored it however until she was hit in the back of the head with an heavy object by some unknown person and that, is where her journey really begins.

Where their journey begins.

AUTHORS NOTE—
I have no idea how this took me so long to put out because all I had to do was edit a few parts but here it is y'all!

Thoughts on Catalina's backstory? I know this intro sucks but I was trying to work with everything I wrote like two years ago while making it better lol.

Hope you enjoyed!