Episode 5 - Dinner

Hi everyone!! I just wanted to leave a small note before getting into the chapter. First I would like to thank everyone for commenting, reading, adding stories to their libraries as well as birthday wishes!! It makes my day more vibrant! I am doing a lot better and I had to re-update microsoft word cause the product key wasn't working for some reason. Also COVID-19 had appeared again in my state and I am in temporary stage 4 lockdown until the case number drops.  

On a happier note, enjoy reading chapter 5 and let me know of what you think, vote, or what you want to happen in the story :)

August 1913

August 1913. Three months had passed and Emma was relieved it was the end of summer. Things were going really well for the Crawley's. Although everyone believed that Mary and Matthew would end up together given the time, it was going smoothly. Emma, however, couldn't help think about James a lot. They had a couple of close calls at the Downton house and every time, Emma blushed. Edith and Sybil teased her every time whenever James came over for tea.

Whenever she saw James or when she was in his company, she felt euphoria, and wanted it more when he was gone, and her thoughts drifted to him, and once, Cora caught Emma daydreaming in the Drawing Room. She even stayed over at his place for dinner a few times a week.

She so badly wanted to kiss him, but she was frightened of losing his friendship and wondered what her family would've thought if she had kissed James.

James went over London again to receive a massive order of tweed fabric to design hunting clothing. Emma eventually became a model for women's wear and she was thrilled to put on new attire. It became the talk of the village and London when the photographs were published. Sybil continued being interested in politics and encouraged Emma to be a full-time model.

'The clothing shows you can empower women,' Sybil said to Emma, at one evening, 'and women can have a voice.'

Cora was pleased, and so was Robert, to everyone's surprise, Violet, on the other hand, thought it was beneath Emma, to be working.

On one day in late August, Emma, Sybil, Edith, Mary and Robert were having breakfast in the Breakfast room, Emma helped herself to some sliced bananas and Pancakes and she sat down next to Mary.

Robert was reading a letter and Emma glanced at him and asked, 'Who's that from, Papa? You seemed very engaged in the letter.'

'Your Aunt Roasmund,' Robert replied, still reading the letter.

'Anything interesting?' Edith asked.

'Nothing to trouble you with,' Robert replied back.

Sybil came to sit next to Edith and said, 'Poor Aunt Rosamund, all alone in that big house. I feel sorry for her.'

'I don't,' Mary replied with no emotion, 'All alone with plenty of money and a house in Eton Square? I can't imagine anything better.'

Robert glared and scolded at Mary, 'Really, Mary, I wish you wouldn't talk like that. There will come a day when someone thinks you mean what you say.'