Episode 7 - End of an Era

Hello Everyone!! 

I sincerely apologize for not publishing earlier! but the truth is that I had writer's block for the past month. Now I have got my mojo back since yesterday and I already had started writing season 3 and I got big plans for season 3. So I had wanted to finish edit S01E07 and move onto editing and publishing season 2. 

I had also caught the flu from work since the end of February and I tried about everything to stop the heavy coughing but now I had started getting better, I hope to start writing today and onwards. Also a dear friend and confidant had quit her job and I found it hard not seeing her and talking to her everyday is strange. 

And thank you to everyone who has read my story, commenting, voting, putting my story in their libraries, it makes me smile!

Anyways, without further ado, here is episode 7. Enjoy!

XOXO!

July 1914. Emma and her family had stayed over at Rosamund's house in London. Emma loved being in London and she was happy that James had rented a room for a week at The Langham hotel and they spent more time together at Kensington Gardens.

She had heard unsettling things such as William's mother had passed and she had great sympathy for the young man, she had heard from Jane that William had a gentle soul and he was always kind, she had interacted with him a few times and Emma wished there were more people like William. Also, the unrest of the Archduke's assassination in Sarajevo...Emma had a dreadful feeling of an upscale war uprising.

Emma had also been kept in contact with Isobel and Matthew in Downton. She was a little upset that she learnt from Matthew that he had proposed to Mary whilst she would've preferred to have heard it from her sister instead, when she had confronted her sister, she replied she needed time to think. Emma knew this was so Mary like. She was a thinker, and sometimes not a good one.

Emma had also supported Sybil at her coming to court ball; she had attended the party along with James as her plus one.

It was her last day in London, and Emma decided to spend the afternoon with James in Kensington Garden. The weather had been warm and a little breezy. Emma wore a pale-yellow dress and coat and a Caroline Reboux summer hat she had gotten from Violet years ago. She and James were sitting on a bench, with a beautiful view of the gardens.

'Goodness,' said Emma, looking at the view, 'I am dreading to head back to home.'

'Why?' said James, his eyes glittering with curiosity.

'Because I feel like I am about to go back to reality,' said Emma wistfully. 'I like London, I wish I could come here more often.'

'Would you like to live here?' James asked her and Emma glanced at him.

'I don't know,' she mused, 'it would certainly be very different.'

'Different can be good,' he pressed.