Tribunal

Assalamualaikum!

How are you all? I'm done with all of my exams! Alhamdulillah, I have gotten the scholarship I sought after! Jazakallah so ever much for praying for me^^

As always do comment :D

♥Sara Akhtar♥

Previously on "He is the one for me"

♥♡♥♡♥

Besides, she was afraid he might refuse to marry her. She could understand if he did, she was certainly not the kind of girl he'd like. She didn't care about him but the thought of a straightforward refusal tugged at her pride. With a determination about her she squared her shoulders, took a deep breadth and spoke out; loud and clear.

"Daddi-ma please forgive me but I can't marry Fahad, I can protect myself perfectly well. I beg of you to reconsider!"

♥♡♥♡♥

Read On:

Hadiyah stood up from the settee. She peeked towards Fahad from under her lashes. She had felt determined about this. But once the words were out of her mouth, she felt guilty. Had she insulted him? He seemed quite calm on the outside. She coughed; the room felt awfully quiet.

"You haven't changed, have you?" He enquired.

"Uhuh I-" She stopped.

"You?" He encouraged her on.

"I'm sorry!"

"That's okay! This isn't the first time, anyway. I've been rejected by you since we were kids. Remember the fake marriage we had when you were nine?" He laughed, along with Jahan-Ara. The nine year old Hadiyah had gotten Khalid well punished for his antiques.

"I still remember how Daddi-ma had him follow a no-chalee-for-a-month diet. He cried but she didn't go easy on him."

"Oh shush Hadiyah. He's a fine young man now!" Jahan-Ara put in.

"Daddi-ma 'Khalid' and a 'fine young man'? Quite hard to believe."

"Trust me on this. Wait I'll call him over." Jahan-Ara rang the bell for her maid. Ignoring the protests of her grand children. She was told that he had left for a visit to his lands in the neighbouring village and would return in a week or so.

"Begum Sahib, we'll be having a Jirga* as soon as he returns. One of the stable men told me."

"Jazakallah, do let them know that I'll be attending too."

Jahan-Ara turned towards her grandchildren. She had a plan in her mind and she was hopeful it'd yield favourable results.

"I want you to meet him and notice the change in him. He wasn't so bad as a child really. I remember seeing the kind side of his personality."

"I don't know Nano. He sure hid it well from us." Hadiyah nodded in agreement.

"I hope his nastiness has worn off with age." Hadiyah joked, Fahad laughed.

"I doubt it. I keep remembering the many times he's been beaten by the elders."

"Behave children. You've been taught better."

*To be continued*

Note:

Jirga is urdu for tribunals.

Definition "Tribunal":

tri·bu·nal\trī-ˈbyü-nəl, tri-\

noun

: a kind of court that has authority in a specific area

Full Definition

1 : 2tribune

2 : a court or forum of justice

3 : something that decides or determines