Le Daddi-ma announces her decision: D

A/N:

This chappy is lovingly dedicated to @hijabiprincess for her enthusiasm, le regular reads, votes and comments!! Keep em coming Jan jazakallah so ever much *hug* <3<3 Enjoy!!!!!

Sarss

xoxo
xxx

Previously on 'He is the one for me'

We were guided into a land cruiser, I looked at the number plate. This is the vehicle that belonged to dad and has been left to me. I see they won't have me sitting in any of their cars, how childish. I don't have control over my things, but starting this year things will change. The lawyer informed me that they can no longer rule over my inheritance unless I am to provide a written permission, signed and stamped in the presence of three witnesses of my own choice.

Read On :D

I touched the leather seats of the darling land cruiser, I wept despite my promise to Arfa that I'd stay strong. I couldn't help it, too many memories flooded my already shaken mind. I rested my head against my usual seat and began to shed silent tears. Your father is your strength, his loss is indeed irreplaceable, I felt my pains that came with loosing him afresh.

I had always hoped that I'd have a husband who would give me the kind of protection my baba had given me, but my only dream is going to shatter soon. I have this heavy feeling or a kind of feeling that something bad is going to happen soon.

It feels as if some kind of danger is lurking close by, as if it is a ferocious beast that is lying in wait behind one of the many bushes we have passed, waiting patiently for the perfect moment to lunge onto me. I looked at the various bushes as we travelled, memories of various horror movies and the dimming daylight created the perfect horror movie setting and I felt extremely scared.

I almost jumped out of my own skin as I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked ahead of me; too scared to look back.

"Hadii baji it's me, why are you so jumpy?"

"Oh my Allah! Jan you scared me girl."

"I'm sorry apa! You're sweating real bad."

Arfa handed me a tissue, I took it and began to wipe my forehead.

"Baji did you recite Ayat-al-kursi thrice when we started?"

"No Jan I totally forgot!"

I began to recite the exquisite 255th verse of the second Surah of the Noble Quran.

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 255:

اللَّهُ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لَا تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ مَن ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِندَهُ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلَّا بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَلَا يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ

Allah is He besides Whom there is no god, the Everliving, the Self-subsisting by Whom all subsist; slumber does not overtake Him nor sleep; whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is His; who is he that can intercede with Him but by His permission? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, and they cannot comprehend anything out of His knowledge except what He pleases, His knowledge extends over the heavens and the earth, and the preservation of them both tires Him not, and He is the Most High, the Great.
(English - Shakir)