~ Chapter 2 ~

Y/n's POV

As soon as I saw that my mum and Robby were out of sight I began to walk towards the building that said cobra kai. Before I opened the door I started to get super nervous which never really happens to me but I was meeting my dad for the first time.. so I think anyone would be nervous if you were put in this situation.

I grabbed the door handle and started to open the door as soon as I heard the bell ring on the top of the door I muttered to myself "just breathe you'll be fine". As soon as the door was fully open know I saw that everyone was staring at me that is before I heard one of the boy's shout "uhm sensei someone is here". I heard my dad shout from the back "be right there" and before I could process what was about to happen.. out came my dad from the back room.

I stood there frozen in place unsure of what to say or do.

"Y/N your here". I simply nodded, not being able to get my words out. "Well this is my karate dojo, what do you think?". Why is he asking me? My mum banned me and Robby from ever doing karate.. I never really knew why but I couldn't shake the feeling it was because of my dad. "uhm it's nice". "Well don't just stand their.. give me your bags, take your shoes off and get on the mat". wait what? get on the mat! nope! their is no way I'm training! I don't even know what to do! "what?".

"You heard me, now come on I don't have all day" My dad snapped. I just stood there unsure of what I should do. I was still staring at my dad and then the expression on his face turned to realization "oh let me guess.. Shannon wouldn't let you continue doing it after I left". Continue... wait how could I have done karate and forgot about it.. "uhm yeah she banned me and Robby from doing it.. she never told us why though". "Great, oh well there is only one way to fix this... Hawk show miss Lawrence what you got. is my dad being fucking serious right now... ugh great just fucking amazing.

I hopped onto the mat and stood in front of "hawk" I snorted at the thought of his name but tried not to make it to obvious. I turned to look at hawk directly in the eyes and I could see him build up with anger. I noticed he had a scar above his lip but before I could think much of it I saw Hawk swinging a punch towards my face. I blocked immediately and I was generally shocked I manage to block it. Hawk threw another punch my way but I blocked that as well. I quickly toon this opportunity to spin around and hook kick him in the face. Hawk fell to the floor almost in an instant. I was ready to stop the match thinking I had won before hawk swept my legs from underneath me, causing me to hit the floor hard. "arsewhole" I muttered under my breath so he couldn't hear but I guess he heard me because as he grabbed my hand to pull me up he stared me dead in the eye and said "bitch" and then dropped me back onto the floor.

I was so pissed off that I could feel my blood boiling, I had always had a short temper.. but I had never felt this angry towards someone before but something about his was different and it made me hate him more.

An hour later, class ended. I grabbed my stuff ready to go home when I saw a boy with brown hair approach me. He was quite tall and honestly super good looking. I looked to his side and saw a girl with brown/blonde hair she was stunning and she also looked kind of mischievous which made me like her even more.

"Hey I'm Miguel, this is Tory". "I'm Y/N". I said to both of them then turned back to Miguel when I heard Tory speak "So your Johnny's daughter". I wondered who Johnny was but soon realised they meant my dad "yes I am". "Tory we are still in the dojo address him as sensei.. anyways I could tell you look just like sensei". Tory just rolled her eyes making me laugh and said "I don't know if I should be offended or take that as a compliment". I looked over at my dad "yeah I'm offended" I laughed. Tory began to laugh with me and Miguel just rolled his eyes.

Soon enough my dad was ready to go so I got in his car which had the cobra kai logo on it and I couldn't help but cringe at it. It was like he was obsessed but I just brushed it off.

We arrived at dad's apartment and I quickly got ready for bed in my black crop top and shorts. I was ready for bed when I heard my dad yell "I am popping out for a bit but guess some rest you have school tomorrow". "ok". I yelled back and then I heard the front door swing shut and there was silence.

I got into bed and just layed there thinking of everything that happened today, Me Miguel and Tory are really close, Hawk infuriates me, and my dad's name is Johnny. Most people would be concerned why I didn't know my dad first name but my mum never called him by his real name, Normally she would either call him your good for nothing dad or that arsewhole. My mum hated him and it was clear but even though I only met him a few hours ago I enjoyed staying with him more than I enjoyed staying with my mum. it was like I am finally fitting in because if I'm being honest I never really felt like I fitted in at my mum house because me and my mum were totally different so I guess I was more like my dad.