Epilogue

Anisa's POV:

"Mama! Huchain has my toy! Pwease tell him to give it back!!" I heard a wail from across the room, almost making me jump a foot in the air. It didn't take me longer than a second to realize what the fuss was about. Placing my book on the side table beside the flower vase, I stood up with a sigh.

These kids, Ya Allah.

"Hussain, baby. Don't annoy your sister." I said to the little tyke as I walked, who held a broken car with only two wheels in his cute stubby little hands that were hardly the size of a peanut. Even though he was only eight months old, he grinned back at me with mischief pasted all over his cute, red face. He looked like he had a lot to say about Ayesha who was still screaming at the top of her lungs.

"Mama! He's not giving it back. Pwease take it fwom him!" she snapped out of her crying and came forward, ready to snatch the worthless piece of plastic from Hussain. All that crying had made her turn into a grumpy tomato. I tucked her black, silky strands of hair behind her ear.

"Ayesha, didn't daddy tell you sharing was a good thing? Why don't you share your car with your little brother?" I tried to advise her like a good mother but honestly, she wasn't taking it. She huffed and shook her head immediately. "No, mama! Huchain will break my car!"

I nodded knowingly, knowing well that she wasn't going to let it go. After all, she got her temper issues from her mother.

I pinched her cheeks and pulled her towards me. "Ayesha," I placed her little body on my lap after sitting down on the playmat beside Hussain who was enjoying slamming the car into the ground again and again. "Why don't I call your daddy and ask him to bring you a chocolate?" Ayesha's hazel eyes shone like two big stars. She nodded furiously, licking her lips.

"But, in return, you'll have to share your toy with Hussain, okay?" she piped down at that but then made up her mind that her chocolate was more important than the flimsy toy car she owned. "Okay, mama. I'll share."

I patted her head and kissed her on her cheek. "Good baby," with that, I walked back to my book. A long sigh escaped me as I saw that I had still had a lot of studying to do. I knew that doing courses privately at home with two kids would be hard, but I had no idea it would be that difficult!

Remembering the promise I had made to Ayesha, I quickly texted Ali about the chocolate. Then I got back to my book. My mind was so caught up in everything that I didn't even remember what day it was.

The loud ring tone of my phone filled my ears and it was like I was dragged out of another world back to reality. I picked it up and unconsciously, swiped the answer icon. "Salam u Alaikum, Anisa speaking," I answered casually. "Waalaykum Salaam! Are the kids ready?" The overhyped voice made me wake up and I frowned.

It occurred to me a second later what the caller was talking about. "Oh yes, Asma Baji! The kids are ready. When will you reach?" I asked. "We're almost here. Send the bag through the guard along with the kids. I'm dying to meet Hussain!" she answered cheerfully. I nodded to no one in particular.

"Sure thing," I said before beginning my long list of instructions. "I've packed everything for Hussain. His diapers, clothes, and wipes. He has a bit of diarrhea so please don't let him have anything other than milk. Ayesha eats everything but she's been eating a lot of oily foods lately and I think that's why a few small pimples have broken out on her skin.

Please refrain from giving her anything oily. And Hussain likes to sleep next to Ayesha but he'll annoy her so if you can, please lay down with them for a while before they go to sleep. And when—" I was interrupted mid-sentence when Asma baji got tired of listening to my long list.