The Car Ride

Anisa's POV:

I wearily crawled out of bed the next morning. Yawning, I looked to my left. I almost screamed when I saw Ali sleeping soundlessly. Oh, Allah. I really needed to get used to it. I shook my head at myself and walked over to the bathroom.

As I brushed my teeth, I looked at my reflection sleepily. The events of yesterday came running to mind and my half-shut eyes widened. The gift Ali had given me, I looked down at my wrist.
The bracelet was still shining and I had to say, it looked nice on me. I still didn't know why I had put it on but I couldn't help myself. Ali didn't know that Holly had told me it was a present from him and there was no problem in showing it off in front of him.

Content, I continued brushing my teeth. I was just finishing up when there was a knock on the door. "Get out already! I need to go." I heard him shout from the other side. I rolled my eyes. It was almost impossible to believe that such a careless and rude person could buy a good gift like the one that was on my wrist.
I got out quickly nonetheless and after sharing a glance, he went inside and I walked to the dressing table.

I took out my clothes from the closet. A floral print kurta (shirt) with a skin-colored pair of trousers. In the process, my eyes fell on something and I couldn't help but blush when I saw it. The black dress was resting on its place lifelessly. The immodest shape of the dress was almost embarrassing to even look at.

Even though I had seen girls wear that sort of thing where I lived, I had never seen it sitting in my closet. I couldn't imagine wearing it. Especially not in front of Ali!

I was too engrossed in the dress that I didn't hear the footsteps behind me. "Do you like it that much?" I could feel a teasing tone in his voice. I quickly snapped my head towards him. "What?" I tried to hide it. He smirked. "I'm talking about that black dress. The sleeveless one with the slit—"

"I know which dress you're talking about!" I interrupted him before he could describe it further. "It's the only one I have like that.". His grin widened and he started nodding slowly. "Oh yes, of course. But you like it right?" he continued teasing me.
Maybe the blush on my cheeks gave him the chance to mock me like that and as much as I wanted to hide my embarrassment, I couldn't. "It's not about liking it or not. It's a present and I don't refuse presents. It's not right." I defended myself. He didn't look convinced. "Oh? If you didn't like it, you could've just told me. I would've gotten you something different." He pressed.

I scowled. "It's a nice dress. Just… short. I can modify it." I said. He nodded again. "I think it's pretty like that. It doesn't need modification." I gave him a dirty look. "It's short. I can't wear it like that." I said bluntly. He shook his head.

"Actually, you can."

He didn't say anything else but I understood what he meant. By the look on his face, he was implying that I could wear it in front of him since he was my husband and it was halal. I glared at him.

"You're a pervert."

I turned around and rushed into the changing room before he could say anything else. I could hear him laughing victoriously from behind the door. I changed into my clothes with a grumpy look on my face. I knew he would make it the worst decision of my life.

When I got out, I saw him wearing his socks. I walked past, ignoring him. He looked at me and his grin returned. "Jokes aside, we have to pick up my cousin from the airport. Get your hijab on or whatever." He told me.