Granny dearest

Anisa's POV:

I just decided to bunk class. Would save me the embarrassment. People just want something to laugh about. They're dumb like that.
I decided to walk around the garden. The only peaceful thing about school was it's garden. It was so quiet and peaceful, but only when you're alone there. I sat down on a bench, breathing in the fresh air. Today was the day father was going to return from his business trip, and I sure wasn't happy.

I hated my father for everything. From my mother to totally ignoring me as if I was just a slave he picked up from the streets. If there was something my father wasn't good at, it was parenting. Sighing, I just looked around the beautiful garden which was filled with different kind of flowers of every kind. The aroma here was just too relaxing. It made you forget about troubles in your life.

Sure, there was no specific trouble in my life, but I was still fed up. I would be sure to visit grandma today after school. After all, I had no one to greet me warmly at home. I had only my granny, who loved me more than anything else in this world and I loved her as well. Though, my dad did respect her in front of her, I can tell he doesn't really like her.

Mom had always been granny's favorite child between my aunt and mom. The only children of my granny's. Grandpa had passed shortly after that fateful day. Thinking about it sends shivers down my spine. No one knows the truth about my mother's death, except for me. I was there when my mother died.
But, my father had strictly told me to never spill a word of what I saw that day and I had to obey. Ya Allah! How can people be so cruel? This world was filled with cruel people that had hearts of stone. Hearing the bell for the next period, shook me out of my thoughts. It was gym now and I wouldn't mind to do some excersize.

I was a sport lover and was also good at it. I went to my locker to take out my gym clothes. It was a t-shirt and a trouser. I made sure to buy a long Tshirt since there were boys in gym period. Most of the time, I bunk Gym period, but today I felt like it.

Changing my clothes from the girl's locker room. A few of the girls were whispering behind my back. I felt a bit more guilty for that slap when I "accidentally" heard a girl say "Poor Ali. His cheek has gotten red, by now."
Of course the girls would take his side. You don't see a guy with those kinda good looks everyday. The guy deserves it. Besides, I don't care. They can all go and say whatever they want. I won't care. They should know that throwing food at a lady was a serious crime. One, he totally wasted the food and two, he wasted it on someone.

Thinking about that jerk just got me mad. I walked off to the gym, where the guys were already sitting on the ground. I saw Ali talking to the gym teacher, who was having a fit of laughter about God knows what. To be honest, I don't care. I just walked close enough to the teacher and far enough from the guys.

The girls started coming in, which was good because it was weird being the only female there. As I was looking at my hand watch for the time, I felt as if a shadow hovered over me. I was sitting on the ground as well. I looked up to see none other than him.

The expression on his face was quite unreadable. I had no idea why he was looking at me the way he was. His eyes held a tint of guilt but also anger. Most of it was just blank. I raised my eyebrow at him. "Umm, yeah?" My voice made him take his eyes off me.

He blinked a few times before smirking. Oh boy, here he goes again. "Bunking class is not a good thing, you know." He said to me. I rolled my eyes. "Don't you dare think that I have forgotten the things you have done." I warned him. He just casually put his hands in his pockets and then smiled at me, smugly.

"I am curious to know what you'll do." He said to me before walking towards the end of the hall, making girls swoon over him on the way. I shook my head at them in disbelief. God! Why are people so stupid?